Donna Johns (734) 936-5047
Areas of Interest
- The primary interest in our laboratory is to understand how epigenetic modifications contribute to lung disease. In particular, we study how changes to DNA methylation and histone modification patterns contribute to the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis. We are also focused on understanding how these epigenetic changes arise and are modulated by PGE2 and other endogenous mediators which may eventually be used as targets for future therapy.
- My clinical interests include diagnosing, managing, and treating interstitial lung disease including idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. A profile is available on the U of M Health site.
- M.D., 2001, Northwestern University
- 2004, Northwestern University
- Pulmonary And Critical Care Medicine, 2007, University of Michigan
- 2004, Internal Medicine, ABIM
- 2006, Pulmonary Disease, ABIM
- 2007, Critical Care Medicine, ABIM
Faculty Appointment Date