The Edward F. Domino Research Center (EFDRC, “F-DARC”) consists of a diverse and dedicated group of scientists working together to understand and develop medication for the management of pain and addiction, driven by the following harrowing facts:
- Chronic pain affects an estimated 100 million Americans, or one third of the U.S. population.
- The current opioid crisis is killing over 115 people per day in the U.S.
- Stimulant abuse (cocaine amphetamines etc.) kills thousands of US citizens each year, yet there are NO medications available to help these patients.
- The increasing use of medical and recreational cannabis across the country. The percentage of American adults who smoke cannabis has nearly doubled in three years.
- The U.S. obesity epidemic continues to worsen. Latest reports show that 38 percent of U.S. adults are obese, and American teenagers are also continuing to put on weight.