Areas of Interest
Brachial plexus palsy in children, outcomes in international pediatric rehabilitation, Ventilator-dependent children and adolescents, cerebral palsy (especially upper-extremity problems), spinal cord injury, quality of life of children with disabilities.
Pediatric brachial plexus palsy, arthrogryposis, rehabilitation of upper extremity problems (eg amputation, nerve injuries, brachial plexopathy), pediatric and adolescent rehabilitation, rehabilitation of ventilator assisted children and adolescents, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, myelodysplasia, traumatic brain injuries, skeletal dysplasias, and international pediatric rehabilitation.
Medical School or Training
- Stanford University School of Medicine, 1970
- Stanford University Hospital, Pediatrics, CA, 1971
- University of Michigan Health System, Physical Med & Rehab, MI, 1985
- Fellow, American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physical Medicine & Rehab
- L. Rasmussen, K. W. C Chang, D Bergman, V. S. Nelson. Assessment of Self-Determination in Adolescents with Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy (NBPP). PMR 2017 Jun 22. pii: S1934-1482(16)31098-X.
- M. Tang, K. Gorbutt, A. Peethambaran, L. J. S. Yang, V. S. Nelson, and K. W. C Chang. High prevalence of cranial asymmetry exists in infants with neonatal brachial plexus palsy (NBPP). J Pediatr Rehabil Med. 2016 Nov 30;9(4):271-277.
- D. Justice, L. Rasmussen, K. W. C. Chang, L. J. S. Yang, V. S. Nelson. Prevalence of Posterior Shoulder Subluxation in Children With Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy After Early Full Passive Range of Motion Exercises. PM&R 2015 Dec;7(12):1235-42.
- K. W. C. Chang, L. Driver, V. S. Nelson, L. J. S. Yang. High Prevalence of Early Language Delay Exists Among Toddlers with Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy. Pediatric Neurology, 2014 Sep;51(3):384-9.
- L. Rasmussen, D. Justice, K. W. C. Chang, L. J. S. Yang, V. S. Nelson. Home Exercise DVD Promotes Exercise Accuracy by Caregivers of Children and Adolescents with Brachial Plexus Palsy. PM R. 2013 Nov;5(11):924-30.
- K. M. Murphy, L. Rasmussen, S. L. Hervey-Jumper, D. Justice, K. W. C. Chang, V. S. Nelson, L. S. J. Yang. Assessment of a Home Exercise DVD for Children and Adolescents with Brachial Plexus Palsy. PM&R. 2012 Mar; 4(3):190-7.