CDB recognizes that supporting young scientists is an investment in our future. We foster research education and collaboration at all levels through interdisciplinary graduate research programs and advanced post-doctoral fellowship opportunities. We aim to prepare the next generation of scientists to make life-changing discoveries in the biological and biomedical sciences.
CDB Support for Trainees:
• Supportive environment that celebrates and promotes high-impact, discovery-driven research
• Outstanding resources and core facilities in epigenomics, proteomics, microscopy, and more
• Mentoring and individual development plans
• Departmental intranet site provides easy access to common resources
• Ongoing scientific seminar series and annual department retreat
• Monthly social events and ongoing diversity and mentoring programs and committees
• Career development workshops to gain skills and explore career options
• Stipend and tuition support guaranteed
• Travel support to present and/or attend conferences and workshops
• Internal and external fellowships and awards to recognize and reward accomplishments
Career & Professional Development support from the University of Michigan Medical School Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies offers advising, workshops, cohort-based learning, and more.