To reduce the spread of COVID-19, TSWP will be offering most of our fall programming virtually. See our Events & Activities below to learn more and register. We recognize that virtual programming and online access isn't available to everyone. Because of that, TSWP will be opening office hours on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:00-5:00, where you can socialize, connect with others and resources, and use the computer lab. Please know that when you enter the building, we will be asking health screening questions, reading your temperature, collecting contact information, requiring masks and social distancing, and limiting capacity. We hope that you continue to engage with TSWP in ways that are comfortable for you.
Turner Senior Wellness Program promotes quality of life among older adults through social connection, wellness activities, health education, and community resources.
A community where the value and vitality of every older adult will be enhanced.
TSWP Programs and Activities
The Turner Senior Wellness Program offers an array of high quality, low cost programs and resources:
- Wellness programs such as healthy living presentations, exercise, healthful cooking demonstrations, Senior Nutrition Program (lunch 2 days a week), and blood pressure screening.
- Services such as Medicare and Medicaid counseling and assistance with Advance Directives offered weekly.
- Support groups for caregiving, diabetes, low-vision, and more.
- Social and cultural activities including a therapeutic writing group, weekly open bridge, chess, mah-jongg and special events.
- A Caregiver Resource Center located in the lobby with contact information for local agencies and organizations as well as a lending library on a variety of topics related to caregiving.
- Gallery 55+ exhibiting art created by gifted artists aged fifty-five and older. New artists display their work four times a year. The gallery welcomes community members of any age to view the art and to participate in special gallery events as they are scheduled. Stop in and enjoy the artwork!
The Turner Senior Wellness Program is proud to be part of the Geriatrics Center at Michigan Medicine, which provides substantial support. Yet to cover the full cost of these community services, we rely on gifts, donations, and grants. To help us continue the important work we do with older adults in our community consider making a gift.