TSWP is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am- 5:00pm.
Please check our calendar for up-to-date information. We continue to be here for you so call or email with any questions (734) 998-9353 or [email protected].
- Healthy living presentations, exercise, healthful cooking demonstrations, Senior Nutrition Program (lunch 2 days), and blood pressure screening.
- Services such as Medicare counseling and assistance with Advance Directives.
- Support groups.
- Social and cultural activities including a therapeutic writing group, weekly open bridge and chess, and special events.
- Caregiver Resource Center is located in the TSRC lobby with contact information for local agencies and organizations, as well as a lending library on a variety of topics related to caregiving.
View Our Summer/Fall 2023 brochure
Annual Fundraiser - Big Hearts for Seniors!
Big Hearts for Seniors was formed to support critical services for our aging community members. This collaborative is comprised of five community non-profit programs serving older adults: Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels, Housing Bureau for Seniors, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute, Silver Club Memory Programs, and the Turner Senior Wellness Program. These programs help seniors access home-delivered meals, sustainable housing options, support to remain independent, learning in retirement opportunities, relief from social isolation, and programs for those with dementia.
Since 2006, Big Hearts for Seniors has raised sponsor support funds and generous community donations through various events including the Big House/Big Heart races, silent auctions, and documentary film screenings. All funds raised are used to provide needed services to older adults.
Our Mission, Vision, and Guiding Principles
Turner Senior Wellness Program promotes quality of life among older adults through social connection, wellness activities, health education, and community resources.
A community where the value and vitality of every older adult will be enhanced.
- We strive for a culture of warmth, vitality, and belonging where all are welcome.
- We design programs that are informative, healthy, and fun.
- We are quality-driven yet cost-conscious with our resources.
- We operate with empathy, respect, and integrity.
- We encourage an environment where volunteers contribute, have fun, and ‘do good.’
FEATURING - Mickey Taylor
FEATURING - Pam Hoffer
FEATURING - Helga Haller
FEATURING - Kay Gould Caskey, Artist and Writer
List of Local Resources
View our comprehensive resource guide to learn about services and supports available in the community. View them here- Resources for Older Adults in Washtenaw County.pdf
Email Neysha Reviere at [email protected] to be added to our electronic newsletter list.
Turner Senior Wellness Program (TSWP)
TSWP is staffed with social workers and other professionals who specialize in working with older adults. Stop in to learn more about area resources and supports available in the community or call to set up a care consultation:
Shannon Etcheverry, LMSW
Interim Director, TSWP
Assistant Director, TSWP
The Turner Senior Wellness Program is proud to be part of the Geriatrics Center at Michigan Medicine, which provides substantial support. Yet to cover the full cost of these community services, we rely on gifts, donations, and grants. To help us continue the important work we do with older adults in our community consider making a gift.