Fall Term - 1 credit
Dr. Kaushik Ragunathan, Ph.D.
The GTP trainees participate in this course in the fall term. Active GTP faculty members present informal seminars about a research area in their laboratories to introduce GTP students to genetic strategies, research, and technologies used at the Michigan undergraduate and medical school campuses. The small group setting facilitates interaction and discussion among students and faculty. A recent, relevant publication is distributed to the students to read prior to the class meeting.
- September 16: John Moran, Ph.D., "Introduction to the Genetics Training Program (GTP)"
- September 23: Alice Telesnitsky, Ph.D., "Virus genetics, with a focus on phenotypic and genotypic mixing, as applied to lentiviral vectors"
- September 30: Teresa O'Meara, Ph.D., "Functional genomics of fungal pathogens"
- October 07: Shigeki Iwase, Ph.D., "Neuronal-activity dependent use of transcription start sites"
- October 21: Sue Hammoud, Ph.D. (Human Genetics)
- October 28: Anthony Vecciarelli, Ph.D. (Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology)
- November 04: Vern Carruthers, Ph.D., "Genetic approaches to interrogate parasite pathogenesis and pathogen-host interactions"
- November 11: Matt Chapman, Ph.D. (Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology)
- November 18: Harry Mobley, Ph.D. (Microbiology and Immunology)
- December 02: Sundeep Kalantry, Ph.D. (Human Genetics)
- December 09: Steve Parker, Ph.D. (Human Genetics)