Amnah graduated from the King Abdulaziz University in Saudi Arabia with a B.S in Clinical Laboratory sciences. Afterword Amnah went on to get here MS in Immunology from the University of Cincinnati. She joined the Graduate Program in Immunology in the Fall of 2018, and she joined the lab of Dr. Simon Hogan.
Endothelial barrier function studies- Mice models of food-induced anaphylaxis- Western blot, Flow cytometry, RT-qPCR, ELISA, Immunofluorescence imaging, endothelial cells culture.
The Herman & Dorothy Miller Award for Innovative Immunology Research (2020)
King Abdulaziz University Faculty's Scholarship for graduate studies (2016-present)
1) Amnah Yamani, Lisa Waggoner, Jennifer Bermick, Sunil Tomar, Simon P. Hogan. (October, 2018). Vascular endothelium–specific STAT3 signaling axis regulates severity of anaphylactic reactions. Poster at The Pathobiology for Investigators, Students, and Academicians (PISA) Conference. Ann Arbor, MI.
2) Andrew T. Dang, Yanfen Yang, Lisa Waggoner, Amnah Yamani, Taeko Noah, Jazib Uddin, Simon P. Hogan. (March, 2018). Platelet Activation is Increased in IgE-mediated Systemic Anaphylaxis but not in IgE-mediated Oral Antigen-induced Anaphylaxis in Mice. Poster at the American association of allergy asthma and immunology annual meeting. Orlando, FL.
3) Amnah Yamani. (October, 2017). Dysregulation of Vascular Endothelial Function in Severe Anaphylaxis. Presentation at the University of Cincinnati Immunology annual retreat. Cincinnati, OH.
4) Amnah Yamani, David Wu, Lisa Waggoner, Fred Finkelman, Simon P. Hogan. (March, 2017). Vascular endothelial specific IL-4Rα-signaling axis regulates severity of IgE-mediated anaphylactic reactions. Featured poster at the American association of allergy asthma and immunology annual meeting. Atlanta, GA.
5) Amnah Yamani, David Wu, Lisa Waggoner, Fred Finkelman, Simon P. Hogan. (November, 2016). Dysregulation of Vascular Endothelial Function in Severe Anaphylaxis. Poster and presentation at Autumn Immunology Conference. Chicago, IL.
1) Dysregulation of intestinal epithelial CFTR-dependent Cl− ion transport and paracellular barrier function drives gastrointestinal symptoms of food-induced anaphylaxis in mice. Yamani A, Wu D, Ahrens R, Waggoner L, Noah T, Garcia-Hernandez V, Ptaschinski C, Parkos C, Lukacs N, Nusrat A, Hogan SP. (2020) Mucosal Immunol. doi: 10.1038/s41385-020-0306-6.
2) The vascular endothelial specific IL-4 receptor alpha-ABL1 kinase signaling axis regulates the severity of IgE-mediated anaphylactic reactions. Yamani A., Wu D., Waggoner L., Noah T., Koleske A.J., Finkelman F., Hogan S.P. (2017) Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 142(4):1159-1172.e5. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2017.08.046.
3) Maternal house dust mite exposure during pregnancy enhances severity of house dust mite–induced asthma in murine offspring. Richgels P.K., Yamani A., Chougnet C.A., Lewkowich I.P. (2017) Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 140 (5) , pp. 1404-1415.e9. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2016.12.972
4) SLC9A3/NHE3 dysregulation and dilated intercellular spaces in eosinophilic esophagitis. Zeng C, Vanoni S, Wu D, Caldwell JM, Wheeler JC, Arora K, Noah TK, Waggoner L, Besse JA, Yamani AN, Uddin J, Rochman M, Wen T, Chehade M, Collins M, Mukkada V, Putnam P, Naren AP, Rothenberg ME, Hogan SP. (2018) Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 142(6): 1843–1855. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2018.03.017
5) Lipopolysaccharide suppresses IgE-mast cell-mediated reactions. Wang N, McKell M, Dang A, Yamani A, Waggoner L, Vanoni S, Noah T, Wu D, Kordowski A, Köhl J, Hoebe K, Divanovic S, Hogan SP. (2017) Clin Exp Allergy; 47(12):1574-1585. doi: 10.1111/cea.13013. Epub 2017 Oct 10.
Hobbies and Extracurricular Activities
Outside of the lab she enjoys Arabic calligraphy and growing houseplants.