Beginning in the Fall Term, this program is designed for students who wish to earn an M.S. degree and plan, after program completion, to pursue one of the following:
- Application to a health profession's program such as medicine, dentistry, physician assistant, or physical therapy
- Application to a doctoral degree-granting program
- Employment in a research laboratory in academia or industry or other related profession
Students will choose to pursue either:
- An intensive, course-oriented track that will prepare the student for the rigors of health professional graduate programs
- An intensive, research-oriented track during which the student will spend their time in both classes and a research laboratory, allowing the student to explore their interest in research and prepare them for a health professional graduate program or the workforce.
The program begins in late August or early September: Coursework Track students complete the program by the end of June; Research Track students finish as late as mid-August. See the “FAQ” section for more information.
This program considers applications on a modified rolling admission basis. Some decisions will be sent out following each review*, but the class will not be filled until all completed applications have been reviewed. Please note the following deadlines:
1) In order to be considered during the first review, ALL MATERIALS must be received by 9:00am on Monday, March 2, 2020.
2) In order to be considered during the second review, ALL MATERIALS must be received by 9:00am on Monday, March 30, 2020.
3) For INTERNATIONAL applicants and those wishing to be considered during the third review, ALL MATERIALS must be received by 9:00am on Monday, April 27, 2020.
4) In order to be considered during the final review, ALL MATERIALS must be received by 11:59pm on Friday, May 15, 2020. May 15th is the final deadline. No new materials will be accepted after May 15, 2020. Updates to previously-submitted materials are always accepted.
*Please note: Early submission of the application does not guarantee an early decision. The earliest decisions may be received by mid-March. Acceptances, denials, and waitlist notifications following the final review will be received by early-June.