This program begins in the Fall Term. It is designed for students who wish to earn an M.S. degree and who plan, after program completion, to pursue one of the following:
- Employment in a research laboratory in academia or industry or other related profession
- Application to a doctoral degree-granting program
- Application to a health profession program such as Medical School or Dental School
Students will choose to pursue either:
- An intensive, research-oriented track during which the student will spend their time both in classes and in a research laboratory, which will allow the student to explore their interest in research and prepare them for the workforce or a health professional graduate program
- An intensive, course-oriented track that will prepare the student for the rigors of health professional graduate programs.
The program begins every September: Coursework Track students complete the program by the end of June; Research Track students finish as late as mid-August. See the “FAQ” section for more information.
Students who wish to apply to the MIP PhD Graduate Program will need to apply through PIBS.