This program begins in the Fall Term. It is designed for students who wish to earn an M.S. degree and who plan, after program completion, to pursue one of the following:
- Employment in a research laboratory in academia or industry or other related profession
- Application to a doctoral degree-granting program
- Application to a health profession program such as Medical School or Dental School
Students will choose to pursue either:
- An intensive, research-oriented track during which the student will spend their time both in classes and in a research laboratory, which will allow the student to explore their interest in research and prepare them for the workforce or a health professional graduate program
- An intensive, course-oriented track that will prepare the student for the rigors of health professional graduate programs.
The program begins every September: Coursework Track students complete the program by the end of June; Research Track students finish as late as mid-August. See the “FAQ” section for more information.
Students who wish to apply to the MIP PhD Graduate Program will need to apply through PIBS.
This program considers applications on a modified rolling admission basis. Some early decisions will be sent out before the final review*, but the class will not be filled until all completed applications have been considered. Please note the following deadlines:
Deadlines for the 2019 application process will be available soon.
In order to be considered during the final review, ALL MATERIALS must be received by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, May 15th, 2018. This is the final deadline. No new materials will be accepted after this date. Updates to previously submitted materials are accepted.
*Please note: Early completion of the application does not guarantee an early decision. The earliest decisions may be received by late-March. Acceptances, denials, and waitlist notifications following the final review will be received in early-June.