I oversee our clinical pharmacist team who provide service to our specialty pharmacy patients. This includes initial specialty medication education, follow-up, and medication access support. I spend 20% of my time providing specialty pharmacy care and support to the pediatric cystic fibrosis population in clinic at Mott. My non-clinical time is spent as chair of the specialty pharmacy’s Quality Management Committee, which review on a quarterly basis and track/trend performance indicators, regulatory issues, safety issues, accreditation issues etc.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Michigan College of Pharmacy (2018)
- PGY1 Community-based residency: University of Michigan
Fun Fact: I enjoy running, hiking and backpacking with my husband. We have a goal to visit all of the national parks in the U.S. We spent our recent anniversary running a half marathon in Yellowstone! I also enjoy baking, cooking, art/crafts, and gardening. I have 2 cats and a dog that I enjoy spoiling as well.
Areas of Interest
Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonology, Hepatitis C, HIV, multi-use biologics
Honors & Awards
June 2019: James Stevenson Excellence in Pharmacy Practice Award
June 2019: Michigan Medicine Residency Teaching Certificate
April 2018: Dean’s Scholarship Award for High Academic Distinction
April 2018: Kristen L. McGlone Research Award
Published Articles or Reviews
- Sabourin A., Fisher-Grant K., Saulles A., Mohammad R. Evaluation of a specialty pharmacy hepatitis C virus pharmacy service. American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy. March, 2021.
- Sabourin A., Ha N., Patel T. Management of anticoagulation in patients with HIV/AIDS. Thrombosis Research. January, 2021.
- Stevenson J., LaPointe, S., Sabourin A., Reyes R., Phalen M., Mackler E. Implementing a specialty pharmacy course within a professional pharmacy curriculum. Journal of American Pharmaceutical Education. October, 2018.
- Mason N., Sabourin A., Thurlow J. Assessment of mental health in doctor of pharmacy students. Journal of American Pharmaceutical Education. October, 2018.