Associate Chief Pharmacy Officer responsible for clinical and distribution services for inpatient and outpatients.
Pharmacy School Attended: University of Toledo (2000)
- Health System Practice and Administration: University of Wisconsin –Madison, WI (2002)
Areas of Interest
Pharmacy practice and health system leadership
Honors & Awards
- University of Toledo College of Pharmacy Distinguished Alumni Award –2018
- Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP) Joseph A. Oddis Leadership Award –2012
- University of Toledo College of Pharmacy –Outstanding Young Alumnus Award –2011
- ASHP Residency Excellence Award –Program Award –University of Michigan PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program –2010
- ASHP Best Practices in Health-System Pharmacy -“Successful Elimination of the “Rule of Six” in an Academic Children’s Hospital Through a Medication-Use-System Redesign and Standardization of Continuous Infusions” -2006
Published Articles or Reviews
- Bruce W. Chaffee, Jamie C. Tharp, John S. Clark, Stanley S. Kent. A compounding compliance team at an academic medical center. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2020;77:882-891.
- Eric M. Tichy, Glen T. Schumock, James M. Hoffman, Katie J. Suda, Matthew H. Rim, Mina Tadrous, Sandra Cuellar, John S. Clark, Michelle D. Wiest, Linda M. Matusiak, Robert J. Hunkler, Lee C. Vermeulen. National trends in prescription drug expenditures and projections for 2020. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2020
- Glen T. Schumock, Joanne Stubbings, James M. Hoffman, Michelle D. Wiest, Katie J. Suda, Matthew H. Rim, Mina Tadrous, Eric M. Tichy, Sandra Cuellar, John S. Clark, Linda M. Matusiak, Robert J. Hunkler, Lee C. Vermeulen. National trends in prescription drug expenditures and projections for 2019. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2019:76:1105-1121.
- Stanley S. Kent, John S. Clark. Disruptive forces in Healthcare. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2019:76:98-100
- Casey D. Spitzer, Philip Brummond, Brian Fairbrother, Mary Duck, John S. Clark. Industrial operations engineering and pharmacy. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2019:76:57-59.
- Kelly R. Wright, Brian DeKarske^, John S. Clark, Bruce W.Chaffee. Parenteral product error before and after implementation of intravenous workflow management technology. J Oncol Pharm Practice 2019;25:5-15.
- Lee C. Vermeulen, Natalie D. Eddington, Michelle A. Gourdine, James Jorgenson, David A. Kvancz, Suzanne A. Nesbit, Mark C. Bicket, William A. Zellmer, Amanda Hine, Sylvia Belford, Steve G. Peters, James M. Hoffman, William E. Schwab, Scott Knoer, Delos (Toby) Cosgrove, Stan S. Kent, John S.Clark. ASHP Foundation Forecast 2019: Strategic Planning Advice for Pharmacy Departments in Hospitals and Health-Systems. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2018 Oct 29.
- Soo Min Jang, John S. Clark, Bruce A. Mueller. Update on preparation of solutions for continuous renal replacement therapy. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2018; 75: 931-932.
- Alexander R. Shaw, Weerachai Chaijamorn^, John S. Clark, Bruce A. Mueller. Preparation times and costs for various solutions used for continuous renal replacement therapy. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2018;75:808-15.
- Anthony M. Boyd, John S. Clark, and Stan S. Kent. Strategic thinking in pharmacy. Am J Health-Syst Pharm.2017;4:329-334.
- Philip W. Brummond, David F. Chen, William W. Churchill, John S. Clark, Kevin R. Dillon, Doina Dumitru, Lynn Eschenbauer, Toni Fera, Christopher R. Fortier, Kristine K. Gullickson, Kristen Jurakovich, Stan Kent, Jennifer Keonavong, Christine Marchese, Tricia Meyer, Lee B. Murdaugh, Richard K. Ogden, Brian C. O’Neal, Steve Rough, Rafael Saenz, Jacob S. Smith. ASHP Guidelines on the Preventing Diversion of Controlled Substances. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2017;74:e10-33.
- Melanie J. Engels, Bruce W. Chaffee, John S. Clark. Comparison and alignment of an academic medical center’s strategic goals with ASHP initiatives. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2015:72:2065-2078.