The symposium will take place on Oct. 20 at the Michigan League Grand Ballroom from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Click here for more details and RSVP for the morning, lunch buffet and afternoon sessions. Please confirm your attendance by Oct. 1.
The heart of the symposium will be a panel presentation where Michigan Medicine leadership, including leaders from each area of the tripartite mission, will discuss DEI as a strategic priority. The panel features a diverse group of thought leaders, including:
- David J. Brown, M.D., associate vice president and associate dean for health equity and inclusion, and associate professor of otolaryngology-head and neck surgery
- T. Anthony Denton, J.D., M.H.A., senior vice president, chief environmental, social and governance officer, U-M Health
- Steven L. Kunkel, Ph.D., executive vice dean for research, chief scientific officer
- David C. Miller, M.D., M.P.H., president, U-M Health, executive vice dean for clinical affairs, professor of urology, U-M Medical School
- Brook Watts, M.D., M.S., chief quality officer, professor of internal medicine
- Debra F. Weinstein, M.D., executive vice dean for academic affairs, U-M Medical School, chief academic officer, Michigan Medicine
The event will begin with a welcome and greeting from Katrina Wade-Golden, Ph.D., associate vice provost, deputy chief diversity officer and director of implementation for the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Strategic Plan.
Next, there will be an overview of DEI 2.0, the connection between Michigan Medicine’s DEI Strategic Plan and the U-M overall DEI 2.0 Strategic Plan and the data that informed these plans.
Thank you for your interest in participating and working together toward a more equitable future!