The University of Michigan Skin Biology and Diseases Resourced-based Center (UM-SBDRC) invites investigators to submit research pilot and feasibility proposals to fund early investigators and promote interdisciplinary engagement and collaborations with groups outside the field of dermatology.
The Pilot & Feasibility Program will provide direct support for research in an effort to bring new investigators into the field and to drive innovative preliminary studies and new technology development. We will initially solicit applications for four awards each year: two will be Pilot Grants designed to help generate preliminary data that will lead to new extramural support; the other two will be Innovation Awards, aimed specifically at supporting the development of innovative technology or experimental approaches.
- Total of $100,000
Number of Potential Awardees
- Two Pilot Grants - $40,000 each
- Two Innovation Awards - $10,000 each
- Submissions for Pilot Grants and Innovation Awards will be open to the entire University of Michigan Research Community
- Proposed studies must have direct relevance to the study of skin biology and disease
- UM-SBDRC Members are encouraged to apply for both Pilot Grants and Innovation Awards
- Investigators who are not yet working in skin research
- New or early-stage investigators
- New animal and/or in vitro model development
P & F awards are subject to change