On September 4, Michigan Medicine opened a new clinic in Brighton – the Brighton Center for Specialty Care (BCSC). The facility is designed to bring Michigan Medicine to the communities it serves. As part of the preparations for opening the new clinic, OPE teams were involved at all levels:
Patient Access and Insights
- Teams are redesigning optimal check-in/check-out workflow to reduce redundant steps for patients.
- Physician Relations hosted an open house for referring providers who were very impressed with the new facility and all the services it provided.
- Cadence Business Team has been busy creating templates for new appointments.
Patient and Family Experience
- PFE team provided patient and family advisors and volunteers for patient simulations to understand patient flow through the clinic, check-in/check-out processes, MA intake process, and general ease of navigating the clinic.
- PFE is also in the process of recruiting patient and family advisors for a new PFAC for the Brighton Center.
Read more about BCSC and all the services it offers to those who live in the Livingston County and surrounding areas.