University of Michigan Department of Emergency Medicine is excited to offer a two-year competency based medical education fellowship. This fellowship is designed for junior faculty seeking to build skills in teaching, curricular development, leadership, simulation and medical education research.
Mission Statement of the Medical Education Fellowship
To develop emergency medicine physicians into experts, leaders and scholars in the field of medical education. Fellows will develop knowledge, skills, and expertise in essential competency areas of medical education.
Components of the program include:
- Clinical – Fellows will have role of Clinical Instructor at the University of Michigan and staff as an Attending in the ED
- Education –Fellows will develop expertise through a variety of practical and structured experiences. Fellows will complete a Masters of Health Professional Education.
- Teaching – Fellows will have teaching opportunities in a wide-range of educational settings and will receive feedback on their teaching.
- Research and Scholarship – Fellows will be integrated into the vibrant medical education community with the support to develop their own scholarly area of interest and expertise.
- Administrative and Leadership – Fellows will have a formal administrative role as an Assistant Residency Program Director or as Assistant Clerkship Director.
After completion of the fellowship, learners will have expertise in the following areas:
- Education Theory
- Educational Methods
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Community
- Education Research/ Scholarship