- Applications must be submitted through ERAS.
- Candidates are reviewed based on medical school performance, USMLE scores, their interview, and evidence of academic and extracurricular interests and achievements.
- Applications must include at least 3 letters of recommendation, including 2 from Emergency Medicine.
- While outstanding international medical graduates may be considered, only J-1 visas are accepted. All materials must be submitted through ERAS via the ECFMG.
Application Review & Interview Process
The first interview invitations go out about 1 week after the October 1 MSPE (Dean’s Letter) release.
We review applications on a rolling basis and send interview offers throughout the season.
Keep in mind, the timing of an invitation is not indicative of your strength as an applicant — we send offers as we complete the process of thoroughly reviewing your entire application.
If you’re on the waitlist, you’ll receive an update about your status in early November.
We send rejection notices beginning in mid-November and throughout the season as we fill the interview schedule.
If you’re offered an interview, you’ll get an email at the address you entered in your ERAS application. Soon after, you’ll get a notification through the Interview Broker system so you may schedule your interview time.
We strongly encourage all of our applicants to show professionalism and respect for their peers during the interview season. As a result we will be utilizing the Interview Broker system to notify us if residents hold double-booked residency interviews beyond a 48 hour grace period.
We don’t offer more invitations than we have open interview spots.
If you decide not to interview with us, we ask that you decline your interview offer with at least 2 weeks’ notice so we can offer the spot to another candidate.
We’re excited to meet you!
Friday, October 26, 2018
Monday, October 29, 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018
Friday, November 9, 2018
Monday, November 12, 2018
Friday, November 16, 2018
Monday, November 19, 2018
Friday, November 30, 2018
Monday, December 3, 2018
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Monday, December 10, 2018
Friday, December 21, 2018
Interview Day Information
- A Note from the Chiefs (PDF)
- Interview Day Schedule (PDF)
- Accommodation, Transportation and Map Information (PDF)
- Michigan Medicine Directions (PDF)
- Directions to Residency Office (PDF)
- Free time in Ann Arbor (PDF)
- Pure Michigan
Visiting Medical Students
Medical students may apply through the VSAS system. Full criteria are available on the Medical School visiting student website.