To ensure that researchers are well supported to apply successfully for grants, produce excellent research, and be as efficient and productive as possible, Emergency Medicine offers a full range of support services, including:
- Statistical support
- The department offers statistical support to faculty for unfunded research projects. Whether researchers need assistance in defining research questions, analyzing data, or setting up data collection, support can be provided. If you need statistical support, please contact James Cranford, Ph.D.
- IRB submissions
- The department offers guidance with IRB submissions to faculty and residents. For more information, contact Fred Korley, MD, PhD.
- Grant proposal submission support
- The proposal development unit of the Weil Institute for Critical Care Research offers support with proposal development and proposal editing for proposals focused on critical care illnesses. Please reach out to the proposal development unit for additional information. The Research Administration Team is available to help faculty and residents with all the administrative requirements for grant submissions. If you are planning on submitting a grant, please complete the short Proposal Intake Form, and a member of the research administration team will contact you.
- We have provided several resources to decrease the effort required for grant submissions. These include a departmental facilities and resources document, templates for biosketches, a grant submission checklist, and contacts for copies of old grants, among others. These resources can be found on the Department’s Internal Website.
- Grant proposal department and medical school deadlines (coming soon).
- Enrolling patients at the U-M Emergency Department