The mission of the Emergency Department is to provide the highest quality and timely care to patients presenting for emergency treatment; to offer outstanding educational opportunities for medical, nursing, and allied health personnel; and to further medical knowledge through the pursuit of research.
We will provide an environment that promotes compassion and respect for our patients and families and each other; that employs the highest ethical standards; and that utilizes resources in an efficient manner.
As member of the University of Michigan Emergency Team, we are committed to:
- Respecting the dignity and privacy of patient, families, and co-workers.
- Recognizing and acting on opportunities to improve our services.
- Being the leader in customer service for patients and families.
- Easing access to acute health care through referrals, educational support, & information.
- Ensuring excellence in emergency service by providing quality cost effective emergency care.
- Providing timely services to patients with urgent or emergency conditions.
- Maintaining a leadership role in the delivery of emergency health services.