The UMCSC hosts Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification training using low, medium, and high fidelity simulators. Courses are open to all physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals both within and outside Michigan Medicine.
Please note: Basic Life Support (BLS) skills are reviewed and reinforced in our ACLS course; however, a separate BLS Certification is not given.
Click on the appropriate link below to register:
New or Expired Providers
- UM Employee: $245.00
- Non-UM Employee: $318.50
Providers must have current certification at the time of the class - no exceptions
Note: Certifications always expire on the last day of the month (i.e. 3/12/17 actually expires 3/31/17)
- UM Employee: $195.00
- Non-UM Employee: $253.50
Class Registration Policies
- Course Materials Requirements:
- Class materials must be picked up prior to the materials pick up deadline (which is 7 days before the class date). You may pick up materials any time after receiving the registration confirmation email and the pick up deadline. If materials are not picked up before this deadline, your registration will be dropped at no charge.
- Payment must be made when materials are picked up; by check, credit card or department short code.
- Please pick up course materials at:
AHA Office near the Towsley Lobby
G2111 Towsley Center
Monday - Friday, 7:00am - 4:00pm
- To qualify for the Re-Certification course, proof of current certification may be required at time of materials pick up. Certification must be current before your scheduled class date.
- To receive the UM Employee rate, employees must provide their UMID # at the time of registration.
Cancelation or Reschedule
- Requests must be submitted in writing prior to the materials pick up deadline.
- Unopened class materials must be returned to the AHA Office within 2 weeks of cancelation. If materials are not returned within this time frame the registrant or their department will be charged for the cost of course materials.
Failure to Attend
- Failure to attend a class for any reason will result in the registrant and/or their department being billed for the full cost of the course.
The U of M Clinical Simulation Center reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any class in the case of low enrollments. Should this occur, participants will be notified 1 week prior the class date.
If you have any questions please contact:
Angela Salamin, AHA Training Center Coordinator
Phone (734) 764-6183
Fax (734) 615-4473
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.