The University of Michigan Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) was established to support effective, innovative simulation-based educational initiatives in medical education. The Department of Learning Health Sciences (DLHS) has made funds available to continue this tradition. Congratulations to the Clinical Simulation Center Research Grant Awardees! 2019-2020 / 2018-2019 / 2017-2018
Check back in Spring 2021 to Apply for Clinical Simulation Center Research Grants 2021-2022
The CSC Research Committee seeks proposals that apply best practices in simulation-based education for UME, GME, and other healthcare professionals.
(The 2020-2021 CSC Research Grant process was canceled due to COVID-19 considerations)
- Proposal deadline: August
- Funding start date: September
- Funding: up to $15K per project
- View the official request for proposals (2019-20)
- Questions: Please contact Dr. Deborah Rooney: email@example.com
Funding will be available this academic year to fund new or on-going projects. A maximum of $15,000/project will be available to fund up to three projects. Priority will be given to proposals that evaluate the project’s impact on patient outcomes.
Successful applications will focus on simulation-based education, and include a rigorous evaluation program to determine the impact of funded project on learners and/or patient care or outcomes.
Suggestions for successful proposals:
- Multi-discipline collaborative proposals are strongly encouraged.
- Proposals should involve faculty with broad range of expertise, including expertise in curriculum design, quality improvement/patient safety, and outcomes assessment.
- Include a comprehensive evaluation program to determine the impact of the funded project on learners and, when appropriate, patient outcomes.
- Funding may be not be used for capital purchases, but may be requested to support faculty and staff effort.
- Final report of the project is required, and scholarly presentation at an appropriate national conference is expected.
All proposals will be reviewed by the CSC Research Committee and funded proposals announced by August 16, 2019. Start date for funding will be September 3, 2019.