The Michigan Master of Health Professions Education (MHPE) program prepares practicing professionals to become scholarly educator-leaders. This innovative program provides foundational knowledge and skills across five core domains:
I. Theories of Teaching and Learning
II. Teaching Practice
III. Assessment and Evaluation
IV. Research and Scholarship
The highly individualized curriculum is based upon competency areas essential to the development of proficient scholars and future educator-leaders in the health sciences.
- Completely competency-based
- Work at a flexible pace, when it is convenient for you
- Develop an individualized learning plan using your professional responsibilities and interests to earn your degree
- Faculty mentors guide you through the program
- Activities facilitated by subject matter experts
- Inter professional approach and access to resources
- Rigorous on the job learning, not online courses
- No residential or on-campus requirement
- Real-world assessments + meaningful feedback on each submission
What are you waiting for? Apply today and design your MHPE degree to advance your career and continually improve as a health professions educator.