The DLHS Strategic Plan
As a result of a robust, collaborative planning process DLHS completed its first departmental strategic plan in 2017. It identified the following five goals to guide our work for the next five years (2018-2023):
- Promote targeted growth and expansion of DLHS research.
- Achieve sustainability of the department's educational programs.
- Advance DLHS faculty and staff as leaders and innovators, in a department unique in the nation for its mission and research expertise.
- Continue to develop and refine the department's identity as a basic science department.
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion within DLHS.
While these goals are presented in numeric order, all five goals are of high and equal importance to the success of DLHS. To learn more about goals for DLHS, read the DLHS Executive Summary and Strategic Plan Narrative.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We aspire to foster an inclusive, equitable, diverse, and welcoming environment where all of our faculty, staff, and learners feel valued, and are supported and able to thrive in their research, work, and/or studies.
The Department annually updates its Strategic Plan for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, which was initially developed by the DLHS DEI Committee, with input from leadership, faculty, staff, and students. Key priority areas include Education, Community Building, Infrastructure, and Assessment.
DLHS’ DEI Committee Members