Farid Seifi is a senior app programmer analyst in the Knowledge System Lab working on development of research software to demonstrate novel applications of computable knowledge that holds significance for health-related communities of practice. Farid has more than 10 years of experience leading a variety of complex software development projects and is passionate about machine learning and data mining. He received his PhD in computer science from University of Ottawa in 2015. He also holds a master’s degree in information technology engineering from Tehran University of Science and Technology and a bachelor’s degree in computer software engineering from Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. Prior to joining the Department of Learning Health Sciences, Farid worked for University of Ottawa as a senior programmer analyst.
Areas of Interest
- Responsible for the development of research software to demonstrate novel applications of computable biomedical knowledge that holds significance for health-related communities of practice.
- Machine Learning and Data Mining, Robotics
- Subject-matter expertise in software development and project management, machine learning and data mining, scrum master
- F. Seifi, “Improving Attribute Clustering in the Absence of Labeled Data, An Iterative Semi‐supervised Attribute Clustering Approach”, Graduate Student Symposium, The 25th Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2012. https://ruor.uottawa.ca/bitstream/10393/32140/3/Seifi_Farid_2015_thesis.pdf
- F. Seifi, M. Rastgoo, “Intelligent Monitoring System for Online Listing and Auctioning”, published in MCETECH’11, 2011. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-20862-1_17
- F. Seifi, C. Drummond, N. Japkowicz, S. Matwin, “Improving Bayesian Learning Using Public Knowledge”, Canadian Conference on AI, 348-351, 2010. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-642-13059-5_44
- S. KhajoueiNejad, F. Seifi, H. Ahmadi, N. Seifi, "Applying Data Mining in Prediction and Classification of Urban Traffic", 2009 WRI World Congress on Computer Science and Information Engineering, IEEE CSI 2009, vol. 3, pp.674-678, 2009. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5170926/authors#authors
- F. Seifi, M. Kangavari, H. Ahmadi, E. Lotfi, S. Imaniyan, S. Lagzian, "Optimizing twins decision tree classification, using genetic algorithms", 7th IEEE International Conference on Cybernetic Intelligent Systems, 1-6, CIS 2008. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/4798957
- F. Seifi, H. Ahmadi, M. Kangavari, “Twins Decision Tree Classification: A Sophisticated Approach to Decision Tree Construction“, The International Conference on Computer Science and Applications (ICCSA’07), Held by IAENG, Florida USA, WCECS’07: 337-341, 2007. https://www.iaeng.org/publication/WCECS2007/WCECS2007_pp337-341.pdf
- V. Salmani, M. Naghibzadeh, F. Seifi, A. Taherinia, “A Two-Phase Mechanism for Agent’s Action Selection in Soccer Simulation”, Enformatika Transactions on Engineering, Computing and Technology, WEC'05: Vol 4, 217-220, 2005. https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/document?repid=rep1&type=pdf&doi=ffc7f1b2545bec059ba13b7bcdd52986bc7a304b