Kelley Coppola 734-936-7810
Shruti Jolly MD is a Professor and Associate Chair of Community Practices in the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan. She received her undergraduate and medical degrees at Wayne State University as a Presidential Scholar. In 2007, she completed her medical training at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan where she served as chief resident and received the RSNA Roentgen Resident Research Award. Dr. Jolly then joined the faculty at the University of Michigan Department of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Jolly directs the treatment of thoracic, gynecologic and endocrine malignancies. She also serves as the director of Brachytherapy, specializing in High Dose Rate (HDR) brachytherapy procedures. Additionally, she is the principal investigator of numerous clinical protocols designed to individualize the radiation therapy of lung and gynecologic cancer patients. Dr. Jolly has authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals. As Associate chair of Community Practices, she oversees the standardization and quality of care of patients receiving radiation therapy at the numerous UM Radiation Oncology community practices across the state of Michigan. In addition she also serves as a consultant for the Michigan Radiation Oncology Quality Consortium (MROQC) focused on quality improvement in patients undergoing radiation therapy for breast cancer, lung cancer and bone metastases.
Areas of Interest
- Personalizing radiation therapy in lung cancer patients
- Improving the quality of life of women with gynecologic cancers
- Understanding the role of integrative therapies, such as exercise and nutrition during and after cancer therapy
- Lung cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Endocrine malignancies (including adrenocortical carcinoma)
Honors & Awards
2015 ARRO Radiation Oncology 2014-2015 "Educator of the Year"
2013 UMHS Global REACH travel award to AIIMS - New Delhi, India to advance research partnerships
2009 ARRO Radiation Oncology 2008-2009 "Teacher of the Year"
2006 RSNA Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
2001 U.S. Department of Health & National Institute of Health, Clinical Medical Research Award
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 2002
- Residency, William Beaumont Hospital, Radiation Oncology, MI, 2007
- Board certification: Radiation Oncology
- (PIs: Jolly/Maturen), 06/2015-06/2017, Michigan Institute for Clinical Health Research: Evaluating sexual Function and pelvic floor function Using MRI in gynecologic cancer patients, Role: Co-Principal Investigator.
- (PI: Jolly), 02/2015-01/2018, Hovnanvian Foundation: Integrative oncology in patients undergoing pelvic radiotherapy, Role: Principal Investigator.
- 5 P01 CA059827-20 (PIs TenHaken/Lawrence), 05/2014-04/2019, National Institutes of Health: Optimization of high dose conformal therapy, Role: Co-investigator with Effort.
Selected from 38 publications
- Liu L, Jolly S, Cao Y, Vineberg K, Fessler JA, Balter JM. Female pelvic synthetic CT generation based on joint intensity and shape analysis. Phys Med Biol, 62(8):2935-2949, 2017. doi: 10.1088/1361-6560/62/8/2935. Epub 2017 Mar 17. PMID: 28306550
- Dess RT, Sun Y, Matuszak MM, Sun G, Soni PD, Bazzi L, Murthy VL, Hearn JW, Kong FM, Kalemkerian GP, Hayman JA, Ten Haken RK, Lawrence TS, Schipper MJ, Jolly S. Cardiac events after radiation therapy: Combined analysis of prospective multicenter trials for locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol, 2017. Mar 16:JCO2016716142. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2016.71.6142. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 28301264
- Luo Y, El Naqa I, McShan DL, Ray D, Lohse I, Matuszak MM, Owen D, Jolly S, Lawrence TS, Kong FS, Ten Haken RK. Unraveling biophysical interactions of radiation pneumonitis in non-small-cell lung cancer via Bayesian network analysis. Radiother Oncol, 123(1):85-92, 2017. doi: 10.1016/j.radonc.2017.02.004. Epub 2017 Feb 22. PMID: 28237401
- Soni PD, Boonstra PS, Schipper MJ, Bazzi L, Dess RT, Matuszak MM, Kong FM, Hayman JA, Ten Haken RK, Lawrence TS, Kalemkerian GP, Jolly S. Lower incidence of esophagitis in the elderly undergoing definitive radiation therapy for lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol, 12(3):539-546,2017. doi: 10.1016/j.jtho.2016.11.2227. Epub 2017 Feb 1. PMID: 28161553