- Cascalho M, Wong J, Steinberg C, Wabl M: Mismatch repair co-opted by hypermutation. Science 279 (5354): 1207-1210, 02/1998. PM9469811
- TACI Is Required for Efficient Plasma Cell Differentiation in Response to T-Independent Type 2 Antigens. Mantchev et al., J Immunol.179:2282-2288, 2007.
- TACI deficiency impairs sustained Blimp-1 expression in B cells decreasing long-lived plasma cells in the bone marrow. Tsuji et al., Blood, 118(22):5832-5839, 2011.
- Reduced BAFF-R and increased TACI expression in common variable immunodeficiency. Barbosa et al., J Clin Immunol. 2014. 34:573-83.
- TACI – bursts and increased protection against gut bacteria: TACI deficiency enhances antibody avidity and clearance of an intestinal pathogen. Tsuji et al., J Clin Invest 2014. 124:4857-66.
- Cascalho M, Balin SJ, Platt JL. The mutable vaccine for mutable viruses. Immunotherapy. 2017 Jun;9(8):659-667. PMID: 28653569
- Platt JL, Silva I, Balin SJ, Lefferts AR, Farkash E, Ross TM, Carroll MC, Cascalho M. C3d regulates immune checkpoint blockade and enhances antitumor immunity. JCI Insight. 2017 May 4;2(9). PMID: 28469081
- Cascalho M, Stein L, Lefferts AR, Lanigan T and Platt JL. Durable targeting of B-lymphocytes in living mice. 2018. Sci Rep. 8(1):11143. PMID: 30042489
- Mayara Garcia de Mattos Barbosa, Adam R. Lefferts, Yu Zhang, Daniel Huynh, Jenna Barnes, Eline Tjetske Luning Prak, Ariella Shikanov, Evan Farkash, *Jeffrey L. Platt, *Marilia Cascalho. TNFRSF13B polymorphisms govern immune-pathogenesis.*corresponding authors. *Marilia Cascalho, Mayara Garciade Mattos Barbosa, Daniel Huynh, Adam R Lefferts, Juhi Katta, Cyra Kharas, Christine M. Bassis, Christiane Wobus, Raif Geha, Richard Bram, GabrielNunez, Nobu Kamada and *Jeffrey L.Platt. Host TNFRSF13B genotype determines enterohemorrhagic bacteria virulence and transmissibility” *corresponding authors.
- Jeffrey L Platt, Mayara Garcia de Mattos Barbosa, and Marilia Cascalho. The five dimensions of B cell tolerance. 2019. Immunology Reviews. In press.
Recent Patents & Applications
- Animal Model For Hepatitis C Virus Infection
- Modulating Toll-Like Receptor Activity
- Methods For Altering T Cell Diversity
- Methods For Assessing Biologic Diversity
- Animals With Reduced Body Fat And Increased Bone Density
- Altered Activity of Toll-Like Receptors
- Mutable Vaccines
- C3d cellular and acellular vaccines for the prevention and treatment of cancer.
Our vaccine work has led to US Patent No: US 7,776,321 B2. Dr. Platt's work on accommodation has generated a number of patents and has been supported by a series of program project grants, a Merit Award, and R01s.