The Women in Radiology group of the Michigan Medicine Department of Radiology seeks to recognize research and advocacy in several domains that are aligned with the group’s mission. Specifically, this award will recognize efforts in diversity, equity, and inclusion in trainee or faculty recruitment, selection, and hiring; career development and leadership for women and underrepresented minorities; wellness and work-life balance in radiology in general; and health disparities related to image-based screening, utilization, or outcomes in underrepresented groups.
All Department of Radiology faculty, house officers and staff are eligible to be nominated. If the efforts are those of a team, the nomination should be submitted to recognize the team and the award will be shared. The award, including a $500 monetary gift, will be presented at the Annual Radiology Graduation Banquet in June each year.
- Women In Radiology Steering Committee will solicit nominations each spring
- Submissions should include a description of published or presented research, public advocacy or other activities resulting in policy, administrative or operational change aligned with the above goals
- Nominees may include radiology residents, fellows, faculty, or staff members of any gender or a team of people
- Nomination letters are due April 30, 2019
- Send letters to: WIR-Ally-Award@umich.edu