Dr. Wasnik serves as Director of Ultrasound, and Chair of the Medical Student Research Committee, Department of Radiology. He was Director of medical student education in Abdominal Imaging (2013-2020). He is a funded researcher and co-inventor on the US-patented automated bowel segmentation techniques. He has published more than 85 peer-reviewed papers, 130 scientific/educational presentations/abstracts, several book chapters, and two books as co-lead author. In addition, he has presented approximately 90 invited lectures.
Dr. Wasnik serves on the University of Michigan Advisory Committee on Clinical Track Appointments and Promotions (CLINACAP). Nationally, he serves on several committees in the radiology societies, including- Radiological Society of North America (Chair- Multisystem, and ER section Educational Exhibit Awards Committee 2019, 20; Chair-Uroradiology Section, Educational Exhibit Committee 2020); American College of Radiology’s Appropriateness Criteria Expert Panel-1 on OB & Gyn Imaging (Chair); American Board of Radiology; Association of University Radiologists. He also serves as Deputy Editor for the Academic Radiology journal (official publication of the Association of University Radiologists).
Areas of Interest
Imaging of the bowel (Morphomics in GI Tract, post-operative bowel); Imaging and management of ovarian and adnexal masses/tumors, Gastrointestinal oncologic Imaging and tumor response assessment; Ultrasound in Liver Imaging/HCC surveillance
Bowel and hepatobiliary Imaging, Gynecologic Imaging, Transplant ultrasound
Medical School or Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery-IG Medical College, India, 1997
- Chest Medicine-IG Medical College, India, 2002
- Radiology-Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai University, India, 2005
- Body Imaging-University of Michigan Health System, 2009
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- Fellow, Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Radiologist In Ultrasound (SRU)
- Diagnostic Radiology