Dr. Wasnik completed his medical school and Radiology residency in India. He served as Radiology faculty in Grant Medical College, Mumbai, India before moving to Michigan. He is Director of medical student education in Abdominal Imaging since 2013, and serves as Chair of the Medical Student Research Committee, Department of Radiology. He has published approximately 70 peer-reviewed papers (primary focus on ovarian/adnexal masses and bowel imaging), 125 scientific/educational abstracts and presentations, and several book-chapters.
Dr. Wasnik serves on several national radiology committees including Radiological Society of North America (Section Chair, Multisystem and ER Educational Exhibit Awards Committee; Chair-Uroradiology Section, Educational Exhibit Committee); American College of Radiology (Appropriateness Criteria Panel on Women's Imaging, SAM-CME Compliance Committee); American Board of Radiology; Association of University Radiologists. He is Deputy Editor for Academic Radiology journal.
Areas of Interest
Imaging of the bowel (Morphomics in GI Tract, post-operative bowel); Imaging and management of ovarian and adnexal masses/tumors, Gastrointestinal oncologic Imaging and tumor response assessment; Ultrasound in Liver Imaging/HCC surveillance
Bowel and hepatobiliary Imaging, Gynecologic Imaging, Transplant ultrasound
Medical School or Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery-IG Medical College, India, 1997
- Chest Medicine-IG Medical College, India, 2002
- Radiology-Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai University, India, 2005
- Body Imaging-University of Michigan Health System, 2009
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- Fellow, Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Radiologist In Ultrasound (SRU)
- Diagnostic Radiology