Dr. Wasnik is a Clinical Professor and Director of Abdominal & Cross-Sectional Interventional Radiology, and Chair of the Medical Student Radiology Research. He has previously served as Medical Director of Ultrasound, Director of Abdominal Medical Student Education, and Medical Director of Livonia Radiology Ambulatory Care Unit at Michigan Medicine. He is a funded researcher and co-inventor on US-patented automated bowel segmentation techniques. He has published over 90 peer-reviewed manuscripts, 130 scientific/educational presentations, several book chapters, and two books as co-lead author. In addition, he has presented over 90 invited lectures. He is an elected fellow of the Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR) and the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound (SRU).
Dr. Wasnik serves on the University of Michigan Advisory Committee on Clinical Track Appointments and Promotions (CLINACAP). Nationally, he serves on several committees in the radiology societies, including - American College of Radiology’s Appropriateness Criteria Expert Panel-1 on OB & Gyn Imaging (Chair), Radiological Society of North America (Chair - Multisystem, and ER section Educational Exhibit Awards Committee 2019, 20; Chair-Uroradiology Section, Educational Exhibit Committee 2020); American Board of Radiology; Association of University Radiologists. He is Deputy Editor for the Academic Radiology journal (official publication of the Association of University Radiologists).
Areas of Interest
Imaging of the bowel (Morphomics in GI Tract, post-operative bowel); Imaging and management of ovarian and adnexal masses/tumors, Gastrointestinal oncologic Imaging and tumor response assessment; Ultrasound in Liver Imaging/HCC surveillance
Bowel and hepatobiliary Imaging, Gynecologic Imaging, Transplant ultrasound
Medical School or Training
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery-IG Medical College, India, 1997
- Clinical Training: Chest Medicine-IG Medical College, India, 2002
- Radiology-Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai University, India, 2005
- Body Imaging-University of Michigan Health System, 2009
- Fellow, Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
- Fellow, Society of Radiologist in Ultrasound (SRU)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Association of University Radiologists (AUR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Diagnostic Radiology