Our residents success extends from the clinical expertise into research awards at international and national conferences as well prominent leadership positions.
Awards and Grants
- Chris Centonze - AUR Memorial Award - "Routine Chest Radiography for the Evaluation of Pneumothorax Following Bronchoscopy"
- Jimmy Mahn - SIR RFS National Case Competition Winner
- Everett Gu – Stanley Baum Best Poster Award – “Essential Diagnoses Using Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Sonography Made Easy”, AUR
- Rudra Pampati - Honorable Mention, AIMsymposium
- Steven Han – Magna Cum Laude Award, RSNA
- John Millet – Certificate of Merit, RSNA
- Sean Woolen – Young Investigator Award, SCBT-MR
- Elias Taxakis - Certificate of Merit, RSNA
- Tania Rahman-Society of Abdominal Radiology Annual Scientific Meeting Travel Scholarship, SAR
- Jordan Brown-Alexander R. Margulis Best Paper by a Trainee Award, SAR
- Everett Gu-Cum Laude Award, SAR
- Zeeshan Bhatti –Certificate of Merit, ARRS
- Nishant Patel-Gold Merit Award, ACR
- Zeeshan Bhatti- Gold Merit Award, ACR
- John Millet-Cum Laude Award, RSNA
- Zeeshaan Bhatti - Magna Cum Laude, STR
- Andreea Moore-Suma Cum Laude Award, ASER
- Andreea Moore-Novelline Award, ASER
- Nishant Patel- Cum Laude Award, ASER
- Ben Mervak-Hounsfield Award, SCBT-MR
- Ben Mervak-Oral Presentation Award, ESUR
- Ben Mervak - Hounsfield Award, SCBT-MR
- Kim Shampain - Merit Award, SCBT-MR
- Jordan Brown - Certificate of Merit, RSNA
- Page Wang - Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award, ARRS
- Mike Ryan - Certificate of Merit, RSNA
- Elliot Dickerson - Certificate of Merit, RSNA
- Dave Brandel - Cum Laude, RSNA
- Yashesh Shah (DR)
- Elias Taxakis (DR)
- Alexandria Jo (IR)
Michigan Radiology Quality Collaborative
- Chris Centonze
- Eric Hu
- Amber Liles
- Andrew Zhang
- Sean Woolen
House Officer Association, President: Elias Taxakis
House Officer Quality and Safety Committee
- Casey Branach
- Chris Centonze
- Amber Liles
- Molly Roseland
- Sean Woolen
Healthcare Administration Scholars Program
- Chris Centonze
- Ryne Dougherty
- Amber Liles
- Sarah Moorman
- Stephanie Spann
Michigan Radiological Society (MRS):
- Zachary Wilseck, President of the Resident and Fellow section
- Gunjan Malhotra, President Elect
- Sarah Moorman, Secretary
- Jeremy Ross, Fundraising
- Rosan Patel, Fellowship Representative
- Elias Taxakis, Past President of the Resident and Fellow Section
Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) – Resident-Fellow Section, Chair – Gunjan Malhotra
RadioGraphics Peer Review Mentoring Program – John Millet (2018)
American Medical Association (AMA), Resident-Fellow Section Delegate on behalf of ACR – Gunjan Malhotra
Introduction to Academic Radiology - John Millet (2016), Eric Hu (2016), Omar Khan (2017), Amber Liles (2017), Ryne Dougherty (2018), Molly Roseland (2018)
American Alliance of Academic Chief Residents (A3CR2) –
- Matt Hammer, President (2011)
- Brett Mollard, Secretary (2014)
- Nishant Patel, Treasurer, (2016)
- Mike Cline, Program Chair (2016)
- Kim Shampain, Membership Chair (2016)
- William Sherk, Treasurer (2017)
- Yashesh Shah, Elections Committee Member (2018)
- Alexandria Jo, Rules Committee Member (2018)
Radiology Leadership Institute Leadership Summit Scholarship - Nishant Patel (2015)
Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR) Resident Fellow Student Section (RFS) Chair Elect of the IR Residency Training Committee: Alexandria Jo (2015-Current) and was the Interim Chair of Clinical Education Committee for the same committee (2014-2015)
Bhatti ZS, Brown RKJ, Kazerooni EA, Davenport MS. Communicating radiology test results: Are our phone calls excessive, just right, or not enough? Academic Radiology 2018; 25(3): 365-371.
Hu EM, Ellis JH, Davenport MS, et al. Expanding the Definition of a Benign Renal Cyst on Contrast-enhanced CT: Can Incidental Homogeneous Renal Masses Measuring 21-39 HU be Safely Ignored? Academic Radiology 2018 Feb;25(2):209-212. doi: 10.101
Hussain JW, Srinivasa RA, Hage AN, Pampati R, Chick JFB. April 2018. Bringing SASI back: Single session selective arterials secretin injection and transarterial embolization of intrahepatic pancreatic neuroendocrine metastasis in a MEN-1 Patient. Radiology Case Reports 13(2):333-335.
Neal CH, Rahman WT, Joe AI, Pinsky RW, Noroozian M, Helvie MA. Harms of Restrictive Risk-Based Mammographic Breast Cancer Screening. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2018; 210:1–7.
Centonze CP, Davenport MS, Wu AH, Kazerooni EA. Routine Postprocedure Chest Radiography Is Not Warranted After Right-Heart Catheterization. Journal of the American College of Radiology.
Shah Y, Bass L, Davison G, Seigler N, Pollack JS, Thomas J, Harris RA. BH4 improves postprandial endothelial function after a high-fat meal in men and postmenopausal women. Menopause. 24(5):555-562, 2017. (DOI:10.1097).
Wilseck, Z., Savastano, L., Griauzde, J., Chaudhary, N., Wilkerson, D., Pandey, A., Sakandan, S., Gemmete, J.. Delayed Extrusion of Embolic Coils into the Airway after Embolization of an External Carotid Artery Pseudoaneurysm. Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery. BMJ Case Rep 2017. doi:10.1136/bcr-2017-013178.
Moore AG, Gomez-Hassan D, Quint DJ, Garton HJL, Maher CO, Srinivasan A. Interobserver variation in cerebellar tonsillar tip localization: Comparison of three different osseous landmarks on MRI.J Comput Assist Tomogr.2016;40(1):34-8.
Brown JM,Yablon CM, Morag Y,Brandon CJ, Jacobson JA. Ultrasound of the Peripheral Nerves of the Upper Extremity: A Landmark Approach. Radiographics 2016, 36: 452-463.
Rahman WT, Davenport MS, Parikh N, Hussain HK. Reinterpretation of Abdomen MRI in Cirrhosis: Is the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network Mandate Necessary? American Journal of Roentgenology. 2016;207: 782-788. 10.2214/AJR.16.16209
Millet JD, Brown RK, Levi B, Kraft C, Jacobson JA, Gross MD, Wong K. Frostbite: The Spectrum of Imaging Findings and Guidance of Patient Management. RadioGraphics 2016 Nov-Dec;36(7):2154-2169. Epub 2016 Aug 5.
Mervak BM, Davenport MS, Ellis JH, Cohan RH. Breakthrough reaction rates in high-risk inpatients premedicated before contrast-enhanced CT. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2015 Jul; 205(2): 77-84. PMID: 26102383
Griauzde J, Gemmete JJ, Farley F. Successful treatment of a Grade 3 Musculoskeletal Tumor Society Aneurysmal Bone Cyst with Glue Embolization and Percutaneous Cryoablation. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. 2015 June; 26(6):905-9.
Parikh KR, Hammer MR, Kraft KH, Ivančić V, Smith EA, Dillman JR. Pediatric ureteropelvic junction obstruction: can magnetic resonance urography identify crossing vessels? Pediatr Radiol 2015; 45(12): 1788-95.
Glazer DI, Maturen KE, Kaza RK, et al. Adrenal incidentaloma triage with single-source (fast-kilovoltage switch) dual-energy CT. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014;203(2):329-335. doi: 10.2214/AJR.13.11811 [doi].
Stein E, Mueller GC, Sundaram B. Thoracic aorta (multidetector computed tomography and magnetic resonance evaluation). Radiol Clin North Am. 2014;52(1):195-217. doi: 10.1016/j.rcl.2013.08.002 [doi].
McKnight CD, Watcharotone K, Ibrahim M, Christodoulou E, Baer AH, Parmar HA. Adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction: Reducing dose while preserving image quality in the pediatric head CT examination. Pediatr Radiol. 2014;44(8):997-1003. doi: 10.1007/s00247-014-2943-y [doi].
Patel J, Davenport MS, Cohan RH, Caoili EM. Can established CT attenuation and washout criteria for adrenal adenoma accurately exclude pheochromocytoma?. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013;201(1):122-127. doi: 10.2214/AJR.12.9620 [doi].
Leschied JR, Knoepp US, Hoff CN, et al. Emergency radiology elective improves second-year medical students' perceived confidence and knowledge of appropriate imaging utilization. Acad Radiol. 2013;20(9):1168-1176. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2013.05.011 [doi].
Somashekar DK, Davenport MS, Cohan RH, Dillman JR, Ellis JH. Effect of intravenous low-osmolality iodinated contrast media on patients with myasthenia gravis. Radiology. 2013;267(3):727-734. doi: 10.1148/radiol.12121508 [doi].