Dr. Helvie is a Professor of Radiology, Director of the Breast Imaging Division, and a Core Member of the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center at the University of Michigan Health System. He is fellowship trained in Breast Imaging, CT, and Ultrasound. A graduate of Duke University and the University of North Carolina, he took his residency training at the University of Michigan, becoming board certified in both Radiology and Internal Medicine. He is currently a Fellow and Board member in the Society of Breast Imaging, a Fellow in the American College of Radiology, and Vice Chair of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Breast Cancer Screening & Diagnosis Panel. He has authored and co-authored over 200 publications and numerous grants. His major research is in the field of breast imaging including screening, tomosynthesis, computer-aided diagnosis (CAD), ultrasound (USN), and magnetic resonance imaging (MR).
Areas of Interest
Breast imaging and breast cancer.
Medical School or Training
- University of North Carolina, 1980
- University of Michigan Health System, Internal Medicine, MI, 1983
- University of Michigan Health System, Radiology, MI, 1986
- CT/Ultrasound, University of Michigan Health System, 1987
- Fellow, Society of Breast Imaging
- Fellow, American College of Radiology
- Internal Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology