Dr. Prasad Shankar is an Assistant Professor of abdominal radiology and Associate Chair for Quality and Safety in the Department of Radiology at Michigan Medicine. He is the current chair of the departmental quality collaborative (MRQC) and founding chair of the departmental Policy and Safety Committee and Peer Review Committee.
Dr. Shankar has obtained competitive research grant funding and is an active clinician-researcher. His primary areas of interest are in prostate cancer diagnostic testing and data-driven radiology quality/safety assessment. Dr. Shankar has served as primary investigator and lead author on numerous original investigations in these areas. These experiences have afforded Dr. Shankar research methods expertise in big data curation/analysis, testing-related health utilities, process mapping and operational time-cost assessment. He is proficient in multiple statistical software suites and the R programming language.
Dr. Shankar is an active member of national radiology societies including: RSNA, ACR, SAR and SABI. He serves as the Associate Editor for the Practice section of the journal Abdominal Radiology.
Areas of Interest
- Prostate cancer diagnostic testing
- Quantitative radiology quality metrics
- Gadolinium safety
- The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, 2009
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Radiology, PA, 2014
- Abdominal Imaging, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2015
- Diagnostic Radiology
Intramural Faculty Affiliations:
- UM Institute for Health Policy and Innovation (IHPI)
- UM Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS)
- Rogel Cancer Center