Bumsoo Park, M.D., Ph.D. graduated from Kyung Hee University College of Medicine in South Korea, and has an 11-year career in Urology/Urologic Oncology, which includes residency/fellowship training and a staff position in South Korea. Dr. Park came to the United States to learn primary care, and finished his family medicine residency at Henry Ford Health System in Detroit. Dr. Park started his career as an assistant professor at the University of Michigan Family Medicine and Urology in July 2018.
Dr. Park speaks both English and Korean. Especially, he is able to use all medical-related terms in Korean given his over 10-year history of medical practice in South Korea, which can be beneficial in serving the Korean population. Dr. Park provides primary care services and education to the Korean population and community.
Areas of Interest
- Family Medicine/Primary Care
- Urologic Oncology
- Cancer Survivorship
- General Urology
- Men's Health
- Transition and Continuity of Care
- Urological and Other Cancer Survivorship
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Prevention of Urological Cancers
Kyung Hee University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea, 2003
M.S., Kyung Hee University Postgraduate School, Seoul, South Korea, 2007
Ph.D., Sungkyunkwan University Postgraduate School, Seoul, South Korea, 2013
Full List of Publications
1. Park BS, Jeon SH, Chang SG. Cavernous lymphangioma of the retroperitoneal space. Korean J Urol 2005;46:190-2.
2. Park BS, Chang SG. Non-ischemic partial nephrectomy with using the microwave tissue coagulator. Korean J Urol 2005;46:1327-31.
3. Park BS, Lee SJ, Kim YW, Huh JS, Kim JI, Chang SG. Outcome of nephrectomy and kidney-preserving procedures for the treatment of emphysematous pyelonephritis. Scand J Urol Nephrol 2006;40:332-8.
4. Park BS, Kim TH, Lim SJ, Lee HL, Jeon SH. Unilateral renal cystic disease. Korean J Urol 2007;48:652-4.
5. Park BS, Kim JI, Lee SJ. Comparison of recovery periods according to treatment modalities in zoster-associated voiding dysfunction. J Korean Continence Society 2007;11:36-40.
6. Park BS, Han KS, Lee CH. Efficacy of the Sonolith Vision lithotripter according to the electrode lifespan: an in vitro study. J Endourol 2008;22:735-7.
7. Park BS. Type IV ureteral triplication associated with ipsilateral ureterocele with ureterolithiasis and contralateral duplication with an ectopic ureteral orifice. Int J Urol 2008;15:1022.
8. Kin HJ, Sung HH, Park B, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Lee HM, Jeong BC. Laparoscopic adrenalectomy: Step-by step surgical skills. Videourology 2012:26, https://doi.org/10.1089/vid.2012.0021.
9. Choi Y, Park B, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Choi HY, Adami HO, Lee JE, Lee HM. Body mass index and survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma: a clinical-based cohort and meta-analysis. Int J Cancer 2013;132:625-34.
10. Park B, Kim W, Jeong BC, Jeon SS, Lee HM, Choi HY, Seo SI. Comparison of oncologic and functional outcomes of pure versus robotic-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy performed by a single surgeon. Scand J Urol 2013;47:10-8.
11. Park B, Jeon SS, Ju SH, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Lee HM, Choi HY. Detection rate of clinically insignificant prostate cancer increases with repeat prostate biopsies. Asian J Androl 2013;15:236-40.
12. Choi Y, Park B, Kim K, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Choi HY, Lee JE, Lee HM. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate and anaemia are independent predictors of survival in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Br J Cancer 2013;108:387-94.
13. Park B, Jeong BC, Choi YL, Kwon GY, Lim JE, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Lee HM, Choi HY, Lee KS. Development and characterization of a bladder cancer xenograft model using patient-derived tumor tissue. Cancer Sci 2013;104:631-8.
14. Park B, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Choi HY, Lee HM. Influence of body mass index, smoking, and blood pressure on survival of patients with surgically-treated, low stage renal cell carcinoma: a 14-year retrospective cohort study. J Korean Med Sci 2013;28:227-36.
15. Chung KJ, Park BH, Park B, Lee JH, Kim W, Baek M, Han DH. Efficacy and safety of a novel double-layered coated self-expandable metallic mesh stent (UventaTM) in malignant ureteral obstructions. J Endourol 2013;27:930-5.
16. Park B, Jeong BC, Jeon SS, Lee HM, Choi HY, Seo SI. Pure laparoscopic radical cystectomy with ileal conduit urinary diversion: mid-term outcomes of a single surgeon’s experience. Yonsei Med J 2013;54:912-20.
17. Lee KS, Park B, Kim JH, Kim HG, Seo JT, Lee JG, Jang Y, Choo MS. A randomised, double-blind, parallel design, multi-institutional, non-inferiority phase IV trial of imidafenacin versus fesoterodine for overactive bladder. Int J Clin Pract 2013;67:1317-26.
18. Park B, Choo SH, Jeon HG, Jeong BC, Seo SI, Jeon SS, Lee HM, Choi HY. Interval from prostate biopsy to radical prostatectomy does not affect immediate operative outcomes for open or minimally invasive approach. J Korean Med Sci 2014;29:1688-93.
19. Park BK, Jeon SS, Park B, Park JJ, Kim CK, Lee HM, Choi HY. Comparison of re-biopsy with preceded MRI and re-biopsy without preceded MRI in patients with previous negative biopsy and persistently high PSA. Abdom Imaging 2015;40:571-7.
20. Park B, Choo SH. The burden of prostatic calculi is more important than the presence. Asian J Androl 2017;19:482-5.
21. Park B, Vemulapalli RC, Gupta A, Shreve ME, Rees DA. Docetaxel-induced systemic sclerosis with internal organ involvement masquerading as congestive heart failure. Case Reports Immunol 2017;2017:4249157.
22. Castro-Camero P, Park B, Gupta A, Vemulapalli R, Shreve M. A case of humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy secondary to hepatocellular carcinoma with fulminant clinical course. Spartan Med Res J 2019;4:1-6.
23. Park B, Ju SH, Choo SH. Association of midline prostatic cysts and lower urinary tract symptoms: A case-control analysis of 606 transrectal ultrasound findings. Low Urin Tract Symptoms 2020;12:81-5.
24. Park B, Islam S, Vemulapalli RC, Shreve ME. Primary biliary cholangitis presenting as acute ischemic stroke: A rare association. Clin Case Rep 2020;8:274-7.
25. Park B, Budzynska K, Almasri N, Islam S, Alyas F, Carolan RL, Abraham BE, Castro-Camero PA, Shreve ME, Rees DA, Lamerato L. Tight versus standard blood pressure control on the incidence of myocardial infarction and stroke: an observational retrospective cohort study in the general ambulatory setting. BMC Fam Pract 2020;21:91. doi: 10.1186/s12875-020-01163-4.