Disability as Diversity: A Guidebook for Inclusion in Medicine, Nursing, and the Health Professions, a new book co-edited by Lisa M. Meeks, with contributions from several U-M Family Medicine faculty, published by Springer Nature in June 2020.
Resources by Topic & Type
Color Blind (CVD)
- Color Blindness Defect and Medical Laboratory Technologists: Unnoticed Problems and the Care for Screening
Articles about Health Science Education
- Accessibility, Inclusion, and Action in Medical Education Lived Experiences of Learners and Physicians With Disabilities
- “Being on Both Sides”: Canadian Medical Students’ Experiences With Disability, the Hidden Curriculum, and Professional Identity Construction
- Coming soon...
Webinars & Presentations
- Accommodating Students with Psychological Disabilities
- A New Frontier: Research on Disability in Medicine and Medical Education at the Stanford School of Medicine's 1st Annual Conference on Disability in Healthcare and Medicine
- Helping Medical Schools Assist Students with Disabilities: An Introduction to The Coalition for Disability Access in Health Science and Medical Education
- Putting it in Writing: The Value of Creating Clear and Effective Policies for Students with Disabilities