- One year as a “trainer in training,” learning to perform full-spectrum reproductive health procedures, integrate them into primary care settings and teach these procedures to others.
- Four sessions a week providing continuity care for their own primary care panel.
- Develop teaching and feedback skills by precepting family medicine residents and through longitudinal faculty development via senior faculty mentorship and coaching.
- Develop teaching and leadership skills by giving core resident didactic presentations and presenting at regional and national family medicine meetings. The fellow will participate in advocacy projects that promote access to reproductive health care in the primary care setting.
- Apply to the Physician for Reproductive Health’s Leadership Training Academy to develop leadership and advocacy skills. If accepted, this will require three weekend workshops and longitudinal advocacy work over the course of the year.
- If ultrasound training is needed, the fellow may participate in a week-long ultrasound course.
The fellowship is full-time, based at Michigan Medicine, and runs in collaboration with the Reproductive Health Access Project. For more information, please visit their website here.
Applicants must be board-certified or board-eligible family physicians who will have completed residency training by June 30th of the year of anticipated start. Recent graduates and mid-career physicians are eligible. Candidates need not be fully trained in women’s health procedures.
For additional details and to apply please visit: https://www.reproductiveaccess.org/programs/fellowship/application/Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and national recommendations recruitment for all of our family medicine fellowship programs will be done virtually this year. We anticipate all of our interviews and site tours will be conducted over a virtual meeting platform and applicants will not need to travel to Ann Arbor to apply. Thank you for your understanding. We will be posting our application dateline and additional information soon on this website Any questions can be directed to [email protected].