This course is designed to inspire collaboration. With a focus on improving health and wellness, you will explore integrative approaches to a variety of conditions and participate in hands-on workshops. This conference will allow you to move beyond pharmaceutical approaches, as you learn to work collaboratively with patients towards optimal health. Sessions are taught by a diverse faculty and our hope is to provide a space where health care providers from many backgrounds can learn together.
As defined by the Academic Consortium of Integrative Medicine and Health, Integrative medicine and health reaffirms the importance of the relationship between practitioner and patient, focuses on the whole person, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapeutic and lifestyle approaches, healthcare professionals and disciplines to achieve optimal health and healing. Addressing the realms of body, mind and spirit, integrative medicine pushes individuals beyond the simple absence of disease.
- Increase your comfort and ability to work in multidisciplinary team
- Explore methods of addressing optimal nutrition
- Take part in hands-on workshop in massage therapy
- Discover integrative approaches to headache, fatigue, chronic pain and musculoskeletal issues, pediatric obesity and more
- Discover new techniques to incorporate into your clinical practice with practical strategies to change the face of healthcare
- Chair massage will be available during breaks
- Acquire knowledge from a diverse faculty including naturopaths, massage therapists, occupational therapists, music therapists, pharmacists, dieticians, psychologists, integrative physicians, and physical therapists among others
- Determine the best nutritional approach for optimal patient health
- Implement an integrative approach to diagnosis and treatment of common medical conditions including but not limited to headache, fatigue, chronic pain, and pediatric obesity
- Expand their underlying knowledge of evidence based integrative therapies such as mindfulness, Alexander Technique and massage
- Identify best approaches to behavioral change in helping motivate patients towards optimal health
Integrative Medicine Approaches to Disease
Identify how utilizing techniques from a variety of realms can allow you to advise patients about lifestyle changes, supplements, botanicals, mind-body approaches and energy work to improve health in those with specific disease symptoms.
Designed to help you discover new approaches to health and wellness from a variety of health care professionals, including practices of mindfulness, herbal medicine, massage, and Alexander Technique.
Demonstrate practical skills in the areas of massage and culinary arts.
Healthy Lifestyles for Patients and Providers
Knowledge of health promotion is taught through the implementation of health coaching, mindfulness and developing community partnerships.
The Creating a Space for Wellness: Integrative Health in Primary Care conference will be held at the Kensington Court in Ann Arbor (new location), which has recently undergone a renovation to offer ultra-modern event facilities. The course includes breakfast, lunch, and snacks.