Designing and Conducting a Mixed Methods Dissertation or Thesis
Are you a student considering, planning, conducting, or writing a mixed methods dissertation or thesis? Join Dr. Creswell and Guetterman and the Michigan Mixed Methods Research and Scholarship Program for our summer workshop focused on the mixed methods dissertation/thesis process.
The purpose of this workshop is for participants to learn about state-of-the-art mixed methods research design and incorporate rigorous mixed methods components into their own dissertation/thesis project and writing. Participants at all stages of the dissertation/thesis process are encouraged to attend!
- Selecting and working with your committee
- Choosing a mixed methods design
- Writing a purpose statement
- Developing a figure illustrating the methods, design, procedures, and outcomes
- Developing a joint display for integrating the qualitative and quantitative data
- Structuring a mixed methods dissertation, including the introduction, methods, results, and discussion
- Turning a dissertation into publications
- Creating a realistic timeline
Vicki Plano Clark, Ph.D.
School of Education, University of Cincinnati
National Leader in Mixed Methods Research