- Cancer prevention interventions in racially/ethnically diverse communities (particularly the Human Papillomavirus Vaccine)
- Genetic testing approaches, return of results to diverse participants
- Cancer screening interventions in racially/ethnically diverse communities (particularly colorectal, breast, cervical, prostate)
- Cancer treatment delays and treatment outcomes in racially/ethnically diverse communities (using SEER-Medicare, SEER-MHOS, similar population-based databases)
- Cancer care coordination processes and outcomes
Selected Publications and Reviews
- Harper DM, Sheinfeld Gorin S. HPV vaccination bridges to HPV screening. Lancet EClinicalMedicine. 2020 Jun 26;23:100435. doi: 10.1016/j.eclinm.2020.100435
- Sheinfeld Gorin S, Jimbo M, Heizelman R, Harmes K, Harper DM. The future of cancer screening post-COVID-19 may be at home. Cancer. DOI: 10.1002/cncr.33274.
- Sheinfeld Gorin SN, Lee RE, Knight SJ. Group mentoring and leadership growth in behavioral medicine, Translational Behavioral Medicine, Volume 10, Issue 4, August 2020, Pages 873–876, https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibaa067
- Sheinfeld Gorin S, Davis CL. Implementing Behavioral Medicine in a Lifestyle Medicine Practice (Chapter 15, pp. 161-179) in: Building and Implementing a Lifestyle Medicine Program: From Concept to Clinical Practice, Mechanick J, Kushner R (Eds.) Springer, NY, 2020.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-48088-2
- Sheinfeld Gorin S. Perspective: Mailed tests, follow-up calls increase colorectal cancer screening among African Americans. Link to story: https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20200812/mailed-tests-followup-calls-increase-colorectal-cancer-screening-among-african-americans. Link to tweet: https://twitter.com/GoHealio/status/1293570840080990208. August 12, 2020. According to Google Analytics, the site averages between approximately 2.5 million and 3 million users monthly.
- Jimbo M, Kelly-Blake K, Sheinfeld Gorin S. Response to: Potential unintended consequence of shared decision making policy initiatives. Health Affairs. 2 March 2020. https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/abs/10.1377/hlthaff.2019.01783
- Harper DM, Plegue M, Harmes KM, Jimbo M, Sheinfeld Gorin S. Three large scale surveys highlight the complexity of cervical cancer under-screening among women 45-65 years of age in the United States. Prev Med, 2020;130:105880. Jan 2020.
- Sheinfeld Gorin S, Lead Presenter, Jimbo M, Heizelman R, Gold, K, Harmes K, Mahmoudi E, Harper D. NAPCRG Interactive Live Oral Presentation. The multi-level impacts of COVID-19 on primary care: policy, healthcare systems, providers, and patients (Submission ID: 2198). November 23 from 1 - 1:45 pm CDT.
- Sheinfeld Gorin S. Invited presenter: AMIA 2020 Pre-Symposium Collaborative Workshop: Patients as Equal Partners in the Design Process: Research Methods and Protocols for Redefining ePRO and Citizen Science for Precision Health in Biomedical Research and Health Systems, AMIA, November 15, 2020.
- Chair of the Finance Committee (elected, with a term extension), International Society of Behavioral Medicine (ISBM), https://www.isbm.info/isbm-committees/finance/. March, 2020
In the News
April 18, 2022
Cancer researcher will travel to Israel to study HPV vaccine hesitancy in vulnerable populations