Nicholas is a microsurgery fellow at Michigan Medicine. He completed his undergraduate education at the University of Notre Dame, Master’s in Public Health at Yale University, and Medical Degree at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. He was selected to the 2019-2021 cohort of the prestigious National Clinician Scholars Program, where he completed a Master’s Degree in Health & Healthcare Research during his academic development time while an integrated plastic surgery resident at Michigan Medicine. He intends to pursue a career in academic surgery with a clinical focus on reconstructive microsurgery. As an academic surgeon, he will leverage his expertise in health services and health policy research to improve delivery of high-quality, affordable surgical care.
- Undergraduate: University of Notre Dame
- Medical School: University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Graduate School: Yale University
- Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency: Michigan Medicine
- Edwin Wilkins, MD
- Adeyiza Momoh, MD
- Jennifer Waljee, MD, MPH, MS
- Erika Sears, MD, MS
- Lesly Dossett, MD, MPH
- Andrew Ryan, PhD
- Jeffrey Kullgren, MD, MPH, MS
- Sarah Hawley, PhD
In the News:
- Can we decarbonize surgical healthcare?
- Operating rooms are the climate change contributor no one’s talking about
- Older adults voice concerns about going to the operating room
- Routine testing before surgery remains common despite low value
- Hospitals participate in federal bundled payment program when it is in their financial interest, new study finds
- Many Pre-Surgery Tests Are Useless, So Why Are Hospitals Still Using Them?
- Study: Private consultancies can influence hospital participation in CMS bundled payments model