Dr. Khorfan is an orofacial pain resident at Michigan Medicine. She grew up in Grand Blanc, Michigan and attended the University of Michigan-Flint where she graduated with a B.S. in Biology with Honors. She went on to earn her Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) degree at Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio.
Prior to residency, Dr. Khorfan completed a year-long fellowship in Oral & Maxillofacial Medicine at her alma mater Case Western Reserve University, during which she participated in multiple research projects that were accepted as oral and poster presentations at national and international meetings. Most recently, she won the 3rd place poster award at the American Academy of Orofacial Pain annual meeting. Her clinical and research interests include chronic orofacial pain, oral-systemic health, and sleep-disordered breathing.
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan-Flint
- Dental School: Case Western Reserve University
- Dr. Elizabeth Hatfield (Michigan Medicine)
- Dr. Kristine Phillips (Michigan Medicine)
- Dr. Andres Pinto (Case Western Reserve University)