Areas of Interest
- Predictors and consequences of depression, particularly among vulnerable populations (including elderly, people with multiple medical comorbidities, and people who face barriers accessing and adhering to depression treatment)
- Mental health services research
- Pharmaceutical policy
Dr. Kara Zivin is one of the authors of this piece for STAT News
Dr. Kara Zivin was interviewed for STAT’s “First Opinion Podcast”
Kara Zivin, Ph.D., provides input for this HuffPost story.
Kara Zivin, professor of psychiatry and obstetrics and gynecology, discusses her research and efforts to inform policy to improve mental health services for pregnant and postpartum women.
- Harvard University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (PhD, Health Policy)
- Harvard School of Public Health (MS, Health Policy and Management)
- Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies (MA, International Economics and Conflict Management)
- Johns Hopkins University (BA, with honors, International Relations)