Skip to content
What to expect at your first visit
- When you first arrive to our clinic you will check in at the registration desk and may be asked to complete some brief paperwork.
- After you are checked in an MA will then take you back to get your vitals and go over your medication list.
- A physician or nurse practitioner will then meet with you to hear your story and complete an exam.
- Following the history and exam your family or loved one will be asked to join to provide additional information and perspective.
- The physician or nurse practitioner might leave the room for 15-20 minutes to share this information with the care team. The team will then return to the room to provide you with recommendations and a personalized care plan.
- Your first visit with us is designed to be very thorough and provide the most accurate information to provide the best care plan for you. For this reason the initial visit will take at least 2 hours, so please plan your day accordingly, bring with you anything you may need to make your time more comfortable, and plan on arriving about 15 minutes before your appointment time. Future appointments are typically shorter and take approximately 45 minutes.
To make your first visit with us most helpful, please bring the following to your appointment:
- All of your medications in the bottles themselves, including any over-the-counter and herbal supplements you are currently taking.
- A medication list including everything you take regularly, including the amounts and names.
- A family member or loved one we can talk to about your current situation- this is very important so we can have both the patient’s perspective on their symptoms, as well as that of a friend, family member, or other loved one.
- Insurance cards and your blue University Hospital registration card
- Discharge summaries or copies of other records if applicable