The target audience for our ECT training program is for visiting psychiatrists. The program is tailored for those physicians who are interested in establishing their own ECT program or who wish to update their ECT skills and knowledge.
We offer a thorough one-week training experience for those that are new to ECT. Physicians who desire to update their knowledge in ECT clinical practice can also arrange a one to two-day course. An ECT textbook and recent ECT articles are provided. The learning experience consists of observing ECT treatments conducted by our team and didactic lectures.
Lecture topics include:
- Theoretical Aspects/Mechanisms of Action of ECT
- Stimulus Dosing/Electrode Placement
- Indications for ECT
- ECT Evaluations
- Seizure Monitoring
- Nursing Role in ECT
- Anesthesiology Considerations in ECT
- Informed Consent
- Documentation in ECT
- Maintenance ECT
- Participants will be able to conduct thorough ECT consultations
- Participants will be able to administer the ECT procedure
- Participants will be able to manage ECT patients through an ECT course
- Participants will be able to monitor outcomes and manage side effects of ECT
- Participants will learn and be able to implement newer strategies in ECT practice
Full 1 Week ECT Training Program:
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this educational activity for a maximum of 35 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation on the activity.
For training schedule and registration information contact the ECT Program at [email protected]