COVID-19 Changes to Patient Appointments
- We are in the process of moving many of our visits to an online format. Please contact the front desk for more information: 1-800-525-5188 or 1-734-764-0231
Virtual Addiction/Recovery Resources
- Visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19): Addiction/Recovery Resources page for information on online and phone meetings, resource guides, and 24-7 crisis hotlines.
U-M Addiction Treatment Services (UMATS) is an outpatient clinic located within the Department of Psychiatry, in the beautiful Rachel Upjohn Building. UMATS offers assessment, diagnosis, and treatment personalized for individuals and their families. Our services are based on the latest research and combine successful models of care with the wisdom of recovering individuals. These services are delivered with compassion, hope, and respect for diversity.
We are committed to achieving positive outcomes through outstanding care for people recovering from substance use disorders, including problems with prescription medications, alcohol, and other drugs.
Complete Outpatient Services
We offer assessments and a full range of evidence-based therapy options for individuals, groups, couples, and families. Recognizing that substance-related concerns range from milder problems to severe dependence, we provide early intervention and education as well as recovery-oriented addiction therapy, both for the individuals who are struggling as well as their friends and family.
We serve a diverse range of patients who have varying degrees of problems. We specialize in working with adolescents, young adults and college students, health professionals, and dually diagnosed individuals with both mental health and substance use issues.
• Evaluations, consultations, and referrals
• Standard and Intensive outpatient programs
• Psychiatric assessment and treatment
• Opioid Maintenance Therapy (OMT)
• Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT)
• Outpatient detoxification, when appropriate
• Specialized group therapy
• Individual and family therapy
• Health Professionals Recovery Program
We accept many private insurance policies. Uninsured and Medicaid patients: contact your county’s CMH for referral information.
1-800-525-5188 or 1-734-764-0231