Providers are required to complete an eight-hour training to qualify for a waiver to prescribe and dispense Buprenorphine (Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000). These trainings are certified by ASAM through which physicians are able to obtain the learning requirements necessary to obtain the waiver. These trainings are 8-hour courses (PAs and NPs need an additional 16 hours) that cover treating opioid use disorder using interactive, case-based learning and evidence-based practices. ASAM is an approved provider by CSAT/SAMHSA of DATA 2000 training.
DATA Waiver Training
When: November 18th, 2019; 8AM-5PM
Where: Rachel UpJohn Building Auditorium, 4250 Plymouth Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
How to Register:
- Go to https://elearning.asam.org/
- Log-in on the left-hand menu. If you do not have an account, you must first create one before continuing.
- Open a new tab and copy and paste the course link into the search bar: https://elearning.asam.org/p/MOC11182019
- Click the green “Register” button
- Pro tip: Check your “Cart” on the left-hand menu to make sure that it says “Cart (0)” if there is an item in your “Cart (1)” please click on it and finish the registration process
- Click “Dashboard” on the left-hand menu and find “Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder: Waiver Qualifying - Ann Arbor, MI - Monday, November 18, 2019” in your On-Demand Products at the bottom on the page
- Click on “Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder: Waiver Qualifying - Ann Arbor, MI - Monday, November 18, 2019” and gain access to all the course content
- Click the “Content” tab if it does not automatically open