Areas of Interest
- Sleep and circadian rhythms
- Chronic pain
- Alcohol use disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
November 9, 2021
The full moon seems to affect men more than women, and no one is sure why
Helen Burgess, Ph.D., is quoted in this Salon story.
February 17, 2021
The prevalence and impact of pre-existing sleep disorder diagnoses and objective sleep parameters in patients hospitalized for COVID-19
New paper published by Helen Burgess, PhD, Cathy Goldstein, MD, Jonathan Troost, PhD et al., in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
October 27, 2020
Still Working From Home? Try These 5 Tips To Improve Your Sleep
For those able to work remotely, experts say it’s a good time to address your sleep habits to improve your health.
December 28, 2020
Illuminating Your Health
Get more light every day. A mountain of research shows it enhances energy, immunity, and happiness all winter. Real Simple article with quotes by Dr. Helen Burgess.
August 17, 2020
Expanding Clinical Applications of Light: Fibromyalgia and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
The Center for Environmental Therapeutics (CET) features an article by Helen J. Burgess, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center 2002
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of South Australia, 2000
- University of Melbourne (Australia), Ph.D., Biological Psychology, 1998
- University of Melbourne (Australia), B.Sc (Honours), Psychology, 1994