Areas of Interest
- Sleep and circadian rhythms
- Chronic pain
- Alcohol use disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
The prevalence and impact of pre-existing sleep disorder diagnoses and objective sleep parameters in patients hospitalized for COVID-19
New paper published by Helen Burgess, PhD, Cathy Goldstein, MD, Jonathan Troost, PhD et al., in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine
For those able to work remotely, experts say it’s a good time to address your sleep habits to improve your health.
Get more light every day. A mountain of research shows it enhances energy, immunity, and happiness all winter. Real Simple article with quotes by Dr. Helen Burgess.
The Center for Environmental Therapeutics (CET) features an article by Helen J. Burgess, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Rush University Medical Center 2002
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of South Australia, 2000
- University of Melbourne (Australia), Ph.D., Biological Psychology, 1998
- University of Melbourne (Australia), B.Sc (Honours), Psychology, 1994