Each year the Service and Excellence Celebration recognizes the many contributions and achievements staff have made to the Department of Internal Medicine. Two types of awards are celebrated - the Staff Award for Excellence and the Milestone Anniversaries of faculty and staff.
SAVE THE DATE! The 2017 Service and Excellence Celebration will take place on Wednesday, April 26, from 11:30am - 1:00pm, at the North Campus Research Complex.
Staff Award for Excellence
The Staff Award for Excellence honors a staff member’s outstanding performance in administrative/teaching, research, or clinical support activities. These staff members embody the values, skills and behaviors reflected in our Department’s Guiding Principles for Service Excellence.
- Award for Excellence in Research Activities (typically persons working as research assistants, laboratory staff, program managers, clinical research coordinators)
- Award for Excellence in Teaching/Administrative Activities
(typically persons working as financial staff, administrative assistants, program managers)
- Award for Excellence in Clinical Support Activities
(typically persons working in clinics or inpatient settings, with direct patient contact)
Service Excellence Guiding Principles
- Demonstrate respect for others and hold them accountable for demonstrating the same.
- Provide excellent service to the people with whom I interact on a daily basis.
- Make all interactions positive and professional.
- Show empathy towards others.
- Actively engage in discussions and in resolving issues.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Practice active listening, setting aside distractions to focus on the person and issue at hand.
- Demonstrate integrity in all I do.
- Nominees must be a Medical School, Hospital, or Ambulatory Care Unit staff employee with a primary appointment in the Department of Internal Medicine for at least two years.
- Nominations should be submitted by the employee’s supervisor or colleagues based on demonstrated excellence in work performance, leadership, customer service, and process improvement.
- Nominee must have a current Internal Medicine appointment on the date of the award ceremony (Wednesday, April 26, 2017 - North Campus Research Complex (NCRC).
- Nominations are due this year by January 13, 2017. The nomination form must be filled out completely for your nomination to be considered by the Selection Committee. Entries will not be returned to nominator. For questions contact Silvana Janevski / 734-232-0202.
Milestone Anniversary Award
In addition, the Service and Excellence celebration recognizes a faculty or staff member’s years of service, dedication, and loyalty by honoring them with the Milestone Anniversary Award.