For our clinic information, specialty clinics, procedure information and more, please visit the Frankel Cardiovascular Center website.
- Inpatient Information
Phone: (734) 936-4000
Patient Care Highlights
PATIENT CARE HIGHLIGHTS
- The Frankel Cardiovascular Center Robert and Ann Aikens Hybrid Suite is the first suite in the U.S. to employ the Siemens ARTIS pheno, a new robotic C-arm angiography system that improves flexibility in the OR, reduces radiation, maintains an uninterrupted sterile airflow and has antimicrobial surfaces.
- Our team of cardiologists is one of the first in the state to implant the Medtronic PLC Micra™ Transcatheter Pacing System (TPS) in a patient.
- Our Mitral Valve Clinic is one of the largest in the country focused on mitral valve repair.
- We are one of the first in the nation to use the FDA-approved WATCHMAN™ Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device, an alternative to blood thinners to prevent stroke in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation.
- U-M Center for Circulatory Support is one of only a few programs worldwide with access to many investigational and FDA-approved ventricular assist devices (VADs)
- Our Women's Heart Program is one of only a few in the country to offer the full scope of cardiac treatment specifically for women.
- We are the world leader in Extracorporeal Life Support (ECLS), which was pioneered at the University. Our team has the most extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) experience in the world.