Every Friday at Noon in the Ford Auditorium
- Medicine Grand Rounds can be accessed in real time via interactive video by clicking on the following link at the time of the event: -- https://primetime.bluejeans.com/a2m/live-event/bfgaveug
- Medicine Grand Rounds Video Portal (Level-2 Log In Required)
The objective of this series is to inform physicians and other health care professionals of advances and their scientific basis across various fields within Internal Medicine.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Dr. Carethers, the planner for this activity, has no commercial relationship relevant to this activity.
- Claim your CME Credit: http://micme.medicine.umich.edu/
Upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds
- 2 - Brian Emmer, MD (UM Hospitalist) "Genome-Scale CRISPR Screening for Modifiers of Cardiovascular Disease Risk"
- 9 - Jeffrey Carson, MD (Rutgers) "RBC Transfusion Thresholds; How Low Can We Go?"
- 16 - Jami Kinnucan, MD (UM GI) "Cannabis use in GI disorders, Are We Ready?"
- 23 - Neil Alexander, MD (UM GPM) "Advances in Translating Fall Risk Reduction for Older Adults to the Real World"
- 30 - Molly Tokaz, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 6 - Rajiv Saran, MD (UM Neph) "Harnessing Data for Prevention of Chronic Disease-Lessons from Kidney Surveillance Systems"
- 13 - Tejal Gandhi, MD (UM ID) “Using Antibiotics Wisely Through Collaboration: We Can all Contribute to Antibiotic Stewardship”
- 20 - Ulus Atasoy, MD, MA (UM Allergy) “Posttranscriptional Control of Pro-Inflammatory Genes: Why Just-in-Time (JIT) is better than Biologics”
- 27 - Alexandria Miller, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 4 - Maria Papaleontiou, MD (UM MEND) "Thyroid hormone replacement: Not as simple as it seems"
- 11 - Medical Resident Quality Presentations “Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Resident Projects”
- 18 - Marc Lipsitch, DPhil - Annual Robert Fekety Lecture - “Towards a predictive approach to bacterial evolution in response to antibiotics and vaccines”
- 25 - Alexandria Miller, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 1 - Evan Dale Abel, MD, PhD (University of Iowa) “Heart Failure in Diabetes – Pathophysiologic Complexity and Implications for Therapy”
- 8 - Jose De Cardenas, MD (UM PulmCC) "Therapeutic Bronchoscopy: Beyond Looking and Sampling"
- 15 - Daniel P. Sulmasy, MD, PhD, MACP (Georgetown University) "Spirituality and Healthcare: Lessons from Fred"
- 22 - Raymond Yeow, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 29 - No Conference
- 6 - Joel Howell, MD, PhD (UM Gen Med) -150th Hospital Anniversary Lecture- "150 Years of University Hospitals: How the University of Michigan Sparked a Revolution"
- 13 - Jacob Kurlander, MD (UM GI) "3 Myths and Realities About Proton Pump Inhibitors"
- 20 - Molly Tokaz, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 27 - No Conference
- 3 - Farsad Afshinnia, MD (UM Neph)- "CKD Lipidomics: Insight to Mechanisms"
- 10 - Dr. Danielle Ofri (NYU)- "What Patients Say; What Doctors Hear"
- 17 - Emily Somers, PhD, ScM (UM Rheum)- "Lupus Epidemiology: Two Decades of Progress"
- 24 - Laraine Washer, MD (UM ID)- "What's in your water? Waterborne Infection Risks in the Healthcare Setting: Legionella, Mycobacterium, and Antibiotic Resistant Organisms"
- 31 - Alexandria Miller, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 7 - Nicole Bhave, MD (UM CVM)-“Cardionephrology: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 14 - Jason Knight, MD, PhD (UM Rheum)
- 21 - Rick Hodes, MD, MACP (Invited AOA Lecturer)
- 28 - Marcus Geer, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 6 - Beverly M. K. Biller, MD (Harvard Medical School) - Annual David E. Schteingart Lecture
- 13 - Kathleen Ann Cooney, MD (Duke University) - Annual Connie Standiford Improving Clinical Care Delivery Lecture
- 20 - Keerthi Karamched, MD (UM Allergy & Clin. Immunology)
- 27 - Molly Tokaz, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 3 - Robert M. Palmer, MD, MPH (Eastern Virginia Medical School) - 2nd Annual Alan Dengiz Lecture
- 10 - Kristen Pettit, MD (UM Hem/Onc)
- 17 - Carl “Chip” J Lavie MD, FACC,FACP,FCCP,FESPM (University of Queensland School of Medicine)
- 24 - Raymond Yeow, MD (CMR) "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 1 - Peter Reese, MD, MSCE (University of Pennsylvania) - Annual Leichtman Lecture
- 8 - Ali Gharavi, MD (Columbia University Irving Medical Center)- Internal Medicine Research Symposium Keynote Address
- 15 - Betsey Trowbridge, MD ( University of Wisconsin) -Annual Gradwohl Art of Primary Care Lecture
- 22 - Annual Lectureship in Palliative Care Research
- 29 - Holly J. Humphrey, MD, MACP (President, Josiah Macy Jr. Foundation)
- 5 - "Morbidity and Mortality"
- 12 - Reema Hasan, MD (UM CVM)
- 19 - Sanjay Saint, MD
- 26 - Dr. Mariana Kaplan - Inaugural Richardson Lecture
- 3 - No Conference
- 10 - Archana Radhakrishnan, MD (UM Gen Med)
- 17 - Rachel Zemans, MD (UM Pulm)
- 24 - Michelle Gong, MD (Albert Einstein College of Medicine)
- 31 - William Chey, MD (UM GI)
- 7 -
- 14 - Reshma Jagsi, MD, DPhil (UM Onc)
- 21 -
- 28 - M&M
- 4 -
- 11 - Amanda Sanford Hickey Grand Rounds
- 18 - Daniel Clauw, MD (UM Rheum)
- 25 - M&M
- 2 -Kathryn Ruddy, MD (Mayo Clinic)
- 9 -
- 16 -
- 23 -
- 30 - M&M
- 6 - Vikas Aggarwal, MBBS, MPH (UM CVM)
- 13 - Dr. Naftali Kaminski (Yale University School of Medicine)
- 20 - M&M
- 27 - Holiday
- 4 - Alexander Yevzlin, MD (UM Neph)
- 11 - Ora Gewurz-Singer, MD (UM Rheum)
- 18 - M&M
- 25 - Holiday