The MEND Division supports a long tradition of excellence in education and research in health care, serving the University of Michigan and surrounding communities.
- Endocrinology Fellowship Training Program
- Podiatry Fellowship Training Program
- Multidisciplinary Postdoctoral Training Program in Basic Diabetes Research (T32DK101357)
Conferences & Lectures
MEND provides numerous endocrinology education programs to physicians and researchers of southeastern Michigan, including Clinical Conference talks and Research Conference lectures. Both lecture series take place on Friday afternoons and feature the latest findings by MEND physicians, by researchers from other areas of the University, and invited guest speakers in all areas of endocrine health. The Diabetes Grand Rounds series showcases the most innovative areas of diabetes research.
Our Division also hosts several important annual educational opportunities each year:
- Advancing Outpatient Diabetes Care
- Michigan Center for Diabetes and Translational Research Symposium
- Michigan Diabetes Research Center Annual Diabetes Symposium
- Michigan Metabolomics and Obesity Center Symposium
- Stefan S. Fajans Lecture in Diabetes
- John C. Floyd, Jr. Memorial Fellows Lecture in Endocrinology
- David E. Schteingart Lecture in the Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes
Clinical Diabetes and Endocrinology Journal
Clinical Diabetes and Endocrinology is an open access journal published by BioMed Central and the University of Michigan. The journal aims to provide a widely available resource for healthcare providers and researchers working within the field of diabetes and endocrinology, in order to improve the care of people affected by these conditions.
For the public, our Adult Diabetes Education Program is second to none. We also host a series of public educational events each year, including the World Diabetes Day Health Fair in November.