The Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology & Diabetes (MEND) offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services and educational programs in the general area of endocrine and metabolic disorders.
We have over 60 faculty members including primary and secondary appointees, emeritus, and adjunct faculty.
- We are continuously one of the top 20 endocrine units in the nation.
- We have more than 40,000 patient visits per year; the majority are seen in our clinic at Domino's Farms.
- Our clinical care comprises treatment of diabetes, obesity, thyroid disease, disorders of bone and mineral metabolism, pituitary and adrenal disease, endocrine tumors, and podiatry.
- We receive approximately $10 million in direct costs per year in NIH funding, plus additional industry and foundation grants.
- Our faculty publish over 100 works each year.
- Our Endocrinology Fellowship Training Program is nationally renowned.
- We also offer a Research Fellowship in Limb Preservation, Wound Care, and Diabetes Related Lower Extremity Complications.