Monday - Saturday, August 21-26, 2017
The Kensington Hotel
3500 S State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone: (734) 761-7800
This nationally recognized program provides a comprehensive, streamlined, and timely review of pediatrics for physicians who are preparing for the American Board of Pediatrics certification examination and re-certification process. It is the only completely comprehensive pediatric board review available and is scheduled shortly before the examination to maintain maximum familiarity with test-taking skills and enable maximum retention of material.
This course is specifically designed to present the material designated as necessary by the American Board of Pediatrics and American Academy of Pediatrics for preparation of board certification. The complete review is a six-day course in order to cover all the relevant material. Topics will be covered in a comprehensive and understandable fashion with specific focus on the intensive preparation required just prior to participating in the exam process. Course faculty have been chosen for expertise in their fields, their dynamic speaking styles, and their ability to focus on essential content.
Participants will receive a detailed syllabus on the first day of the course to use during and after course completion, as well as a Board-format practice pretest that will be emailed several weeks prior to the course to complete and use as a study guide, and as a post-test upon completion of the course. The course also includes the opportunity to study radiology and clinical picture-based Board-format questions that will be reviewed at the end of each day.
Target audience includes Internal Medicine and Categorical pediatric residents, practicing pediatricians (re-certification now required), and other health care professionals wishing to review necessary concepts in pediatrics and keep updated on current developments in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions seen in pediatric practice.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to implement:
- knowledge of the format and style of Board questions.
- successful test taking skills.
- an increased understanding of necessary concepts in pediatrics.
- new knowledge learned to their current and future practice.
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending, as we cannot guarantee educational materials or food for applicants who are not preregistered and prepaid by Monday, August 7, 2017. Payment must be received at time of registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. Course is limited to 225 participants.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing no later than Monday, August 7, 2017. No refunds will be made thereafter.
- First Time Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $850
- First Time Attendees- after July 21, 2017 - $1050
- Return Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $750
- Return Attendees - after July 21, 2017 $950
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- First Time Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $650
- First Time Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $850
- Return Attendees - on or before July 21,2017 - $550
- Return Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $750
- U-M Faculty & Staff
- First Time Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $600
- First Time Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $800
- Return Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $600
- Return Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $800
- U-M Physicians-In-Training/U-M Graduates (within 3 years)
- First Time Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $475
- First Time Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $650
- Return Attendees - on or before July 21, 2017 - $475
- Return Attendees - after July 21, 2017 - $650
A block of rooms has been reserved at the course location, The Kensington Hotel, at a special Early Bird rate of $120 per night until June 20th. After June 20th the rate increases to $130 per night. When making a hotel reservation, individuals must identify themselves with the University of Michigan Department of Internal Medicine to receive the special rate. The reservation deadline is Thursday, July 20th, 2017. Please use the link below to make an online reservation.
Group Code: PED17
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 50.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please see the course brochure for further information.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085