Friday & Saturday, October 13-14, 2017
Friday: 7:00 am - 5:15 pm & Saturday: 7:00 am - 12:10 pm
Registration is also available for Friday only and Saturday only.
The Dearborn Inn
20301 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48124
Phone: (313) 271-2700
General Internists, Pulmonologists, Family Physicians, Intensivists, Physician-in-Training, and other Allied Health Providers who deal with areas of pulmonary and critical care medicine will find this course of value in their daily practice.
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- utilize a multidisciplinary approach to managing lung cancer.
- implement up-to-date strategies for the management of severe asthma.
- recognize appropriate approaches to the management of pleural disease.
- evaluate and manage patients with hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
- successfully treat the patient with chronic cough.
- understand the latest data in lung transplantation patient management.
- recognize recent advances in lymphangioleiomyomatosis management.
- demonstrate a better understanding of delirium management in the ICU.
- more confidently manage intravascular volume in the ICU.
- understand newer critical care ultrasound techniques.
- describe different modes of mechanical ventilation.
- better understand the evaluation and management of patients with acute hepatic failure and acute kidney injury.
- grasp difficulties in adopting new protocols and scaling back therapies in the ICU.
- explain the approach to diagnosis and management of the patient with brain death.
- describe indications and complications of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending. Payment must accompany registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. The registration rate includes continental breakfast, coffee service, and electronic syllabus for participants - printed syllabus may be purchased for an additional fee.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing, no later than Friday, September 29, 2017. No refunds will be made thereafter.
An electronic syllabus will be available to download during and a week after the course. The URL will be provided at the course. In addition, a printed syllabus can be purchased for an additional fee of $15. The printed syllabus must be purchased no later than Friday, September 29, 2017.
- General Rate
- Full Course - $465
- One-Day Course Friday only - $295
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $210
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- Full Course - $365
- One-Day Course Friday only - $215
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $175
- U-M Faculty and Staff
- Full Course - $115
- One-Day Course Friday only - $85
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $50
- Printed Syllabus
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council (ACCME) for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Applications have been submitted to the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians for credits. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.
Please see the course brochure for further information.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106-5750
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085